My supose F2 visa rejected

kumarm.sql

Hi,

I came to US on B1 and applied for F1 for pursuing Masters which got Approved and had I-797 Visa Approval letter with I-94 attached to it.

presently i am attending class and my SEVIS is active status.

Recently my wife went to F2 visa interview and got rejected due to this reason "VO said to her that your husband F1 Visa needs to be on passport and not by  I-797 letter, which is not considered as visa.

Please let me know how to proceed further.

Hi,

I came to US on B1 and applied for F1 for pursuing Masters which got Approved and had I-797 Visa Approval letter with I-94 attached to it.

presently i am attending class and my SEVIS is active status.

Recently my wife went to F2 visa interview and got rejected due to this reason "VO said to her that your husband F1 Visa needs to be on passport and not by  I-797 letter, which is not considered as visa.

Please let me know how to proceed further.

Exit and enter US with a F1 visa stamp. At the same time your spouse can accompany you for a F2 visa interview.

Thanks for information.

As of now, my idea is not to exist USA for stamping. 

1. Can my spouse attend visa interview for second time on F2 visa? if yes, what supporting documents do i need to add?

2. There is an option in DS-160 form , which will ask for "why your visa is rejected"? -- what should i need to mention in that column?  

Any suggestion for other option.

Thanks for information.

As of now, my idea is not to exist USA for stamping. 

1. Can my spouse attend visa interview for second time on F2 visa? if yes, what supporting documents do i need to add?
2. There is an option in DS-160 form , which will ask for "why your visa is rejected"? -- what should i need to mention in that column?  

Any suggestion for other option.

1. VO had clearly mentioned your spouse what has to be done. 

2. Whatever reason VO gave for rejection.

1. She cannot attend the F1 visa interview unless and until you get your F1 visa. That's what VO said clearly

2. Truth.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Thanks for you valuable opinions.

First time my spouse F2 visa got rejected , now we are planing to attempt for F1 visa to my spouse? What are the chances of rejections? 

I am not planing to go out of country to get my F1 visa stamped. 

Please suggest what is the best route :)

Hi All,

Thanks for you valuable opinions.

First time my spouse F2 visa got rejected , now we are planing to attempt for F1 visa to my spouse? What are the chances of rejections? 

I am not planing to go out of country to get my F1 visa stamped. 

Please suggest what is the best route :)

Best route is to follow the law or do what vo said during the interview.

Coming to your spouse's F1, that depends on the university and her educational BG.

My spouse visa rejected based on this reason : "VO said to her that your husband F1 Visa needs to be on passport and not by  I-797 letter, which is not considered as visa"

My wife done with her master degree and i am planning to bring her on F1 , So if my wife go for F1 visa interview than VO officer will ask anything related to her previous F2 rejection than how to convince the VO office?

Archived