Successful stamping at Toronto (March 25, 2014)

success_visa

All,

Time to give back to the community from which I have benefited a lot.

I had my interview today at the consulate and I am happy to report that I got my visa approved which I should get in 3-5 business days, as per the interviewer.

This was for my H1B renewal. I did my masters from the US and I am a full time employee.

Questions asked were:

VO: Is this regarding visa renewal?

Me: Yes, it is.

VO:How long had you been working with XYZ?

Me:4 and a half years

VO:Did you also study in the US?

Me:Yes, I did.

VO:What was your major?

Me:XYZ

VO:Thanks. Your visa has been approved.

Me: I am sorry?

VO: You should be able to collect your passport in 3-5 business days

Me: Oh I see. So I guess I am good to go now. (smiling).

VO: (Laughing) Yes. Go and enjoy the city.

I had every possible document with me but the interviewer did not ask for a single  document.

I had with me (in addition to H1b approval notice, appointment letter and passport):

Pay slips, W2's, tax returns, bank statements, trading account statements, employer's annual published report, employment verification letter, degrees, achievement certificates, awards at the company, LCA, I-129, prior H1b approval letter, etc.

I was in the waiting room for at least 90 minutes and I did not see anyone not getting visa. I.e I did not see any 221g 's being given.

As most of the guys who have got visa approved, I would say the same thing - be prepared for every possible question, get all documents to support your statements, stay confident, and last but not the least, dress formally (it never hurts).

Thanks

Archived