Question on USA citizenship eligibility

ksgc

Hello,

Hope all are doing great .. It was nice to read murthy forms.. Could you please respond to below.

Am I eligible for USA citizenship? Please see my situation

1) I came to USA thru company "A" after few years brought labor from company "B" and field   I140 & I485 in 2007

2) I received Green Card in Sep 2009 and joined in Green Card processed company "B" immediately

3) Worked 2 months for Green Card Sponsor Company "B" then my project was ended.

4) I was not able to get new project for a while with Green Card sponcer company "B"  and took fulltime position with company "C" in Dec 2009 and still working there

5) I'm in USA for the last 5 years on LPR and I would like to apply USA citizenship ?

I did not work at least 4 months before / after Green Card Spencer Company "B".

Does it creates any problems for my citizenship ? 
    Can I expect any questions from officer regarding this ?

Form N-400 asking to fill out last five years work details.

Appricate your help on this.

Thanks,

please consult a lawyer.

you can apply 90 days (or less) earlier than your 5 year GC anniversary if you satisfy all the other criteria. consult M476 http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/article/M-476.pdf for eligibility.

in general, it is not your fault your GC employer (company B) did not have a project for you, you need to be honest on your application.

M476 guide and/or a quick immigration lawyer consultation like murthy should help you understand the process better.

Hello,

Hope all are doing great .. It was nice to read murthy forms.. Could you please respond to below.

Am I eligible for USA citizenship? Please see my situation

1) I came to USA thru company "A" after few years brought labor from company "B" and field   I140 & I485 in 2007

2) I received Green Card in Sep 2009 and joined in Green Card processed company "B" immediately

3) Worked 2 months for Green Card Sponsor Company "B" then my project was ended.

4) I was not able to get new project for a while with Green Card sponcer company "B"  and took fulltime position with company "C" in Dec 2009 and still working there

5) I'm in USA for the last 5 years on LPR and I would like to apply USA citizenship ?

I did not work at least 4 months before / after Green Card Spencer Company "B".

Does it creates any problems for my citizenship ? 
    Can I expect any questions from officer regarding this ?

Form N-400 asking to fill out last five years work details.

Appricate your help on this.

Thanks,

Thank you.

How do I "register with the selective service"  and I born in India came to USA at age 33 years and staying here on LPR ?

Appriciate your help.

If you became a Permanent Resident at age 26 or later, you don't have to register for Selective Services (and you can't.)

Legal non-immigrants don't have to register, but males between the ages of 18 and 25 (inclusive) have to register is they are not legal. That includes people who were out of status.

For naturalization, that doesn't matter once you are 31 or older when filing for naturalization, since the naturalization law only considers failure to register for Selective Services in the 5 years before applying for naturalization, and as I said above, from age 26 on it is not possible, even if you wanted to.

Thanks JoeF.

Does it happens if I did not worked to my GC sponser company at lest 3 months ?

Thanks,

That still depends...

In some circumstances, it can be ok, in some circumstances, it may be a problem.

You would have to have your particular situation evaluated by a lawyer.

I personally think it is probably ok, but then, I'm a lay person.

Archived