H1B from Associate Degree Program

ipsitaojha

Can I get H1 Sponsorship after doing Associate Degree from a Community College in US in IT. As it is cheaper than pursuing a Masters Degree

I am a non IT MBA (HR and Marketing) from India, on H4, I have 1.5 years exp in Market Research. Please advise.

Nope. You need to have a minimum of 4 years bachelors degree in an degree related to your H1B profession.

Thank you for the quick response. 

The problem I am facing is, since I am from a non-IT background, finding sponsorship is a problem. I was hoping to change status to F1 after enrolling in the associate degree program, and then seek employment on my opt/cpt. I have an MBA, thus I could look for Business Analyst positions. Please advice.

For an H1, the person needs to have a 4-year bachelor degree in the field. An Associate Degree is not enough, since it is a 2-year degree.

The problem I am facing is, since I am from a non-IT background, finding sponsorship is a problem. I was hoping to change status to F1 after enrolling in the associate degree program, and then seek employment on my opt/cpt. I have an MBA, thus I could look for Business Analyst positions while I am on OPT. Please advice.

The problem I am facing is, since I am from a non-IT background, finding sponsorship is a problem. I was hoping to change status to F1 after enrolling in the associate degree program, and then seek employment on my opt/cpt. I have an MBA, thus I could look for Business Analyst positions. Please advice.

Other than IT field every other person with specialized degree is facing this problem. This is the way it is. You need to find an employer willing to sponsor a H1B with a job that fits your educational qualification. Otherwise the H1B petition would be denied.

The CS/IT courses on an associates program will not prepare you for a decent job. No responsible employer would hire you for a job requiring the qualifications necessary for a legitimate H1B.

FIND AN EMPLOYER NEEDING YOUR MBA OR GO HOME FOR MORE EXPERIENCE OR AN EMPLOYER WHO WILL SEND YOU ON L1.

• 2 weeks later...

Other than IT field every other person with specialized degree is facing this problem. This is the way it is. You need to find an employer willing to sponsor a H1B with a job that fits your educational qualification. Otherwise the H1B petition would be denied.

i am planning on applying for some MBA(IT) programs. Some of them are state sponsored colleges and some are private colleges. I would be allowed to transfer some courses from my previous MBA. My question is, do you think my chances of getting a job (sponsorship) would increase post an MBA in IT? I was thinking in the lines of Business Analyst/System Analyst?? Please advice !!

Archived