All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
josekani

Eligibility for applying

Hi

I received my i485 approval and expecting the green card soon. I am planning to take citizenship and settle here soon after I am eligible for applying citizenship. I have some questions, could anyone help me ?

1. Is there any restrictions that I need to be with current employer for ‘n’ number of days? If yes how many. If no restrictions what is your advice on changing the employer ? does it impact my pathway to citizenship ?
  2. How long I should wait for applying citizenship ?

Hi

I received my i485 approval and expecting the green card soon. I am planning to take citizenship and settle here soon after I am eligible for applying citizenship. I have some questions, could anyone help me ?

1. Is there any restrictions that I need to be with current employer for ‘n’ number of days? If yes how many. If no restrictions what is your advice on changing the employer ? does it impact my pathway to citizenship ?
  2. How long I should wait for applying citizenship ?

1. I believe at least 6 months.

2. 5 years.

For a work sponsred GC, you must wait 5 years minus 90 days before applying.  The path to citizenship has many milestones.  Read the USCIS website.

You must have "settled" in the US as a LPR in order to qualify for citizenship.

Could you please help on this ?

Am I eligible for USA citizenship? Please see my situation

1) I came to USA thru company "A" after few years brought labor from company "B" and field concurrent process in the year 2007

2) I received Green Card in Sep 2009 and joined in Green Card processed company "B" immediately

3) Worked 2 months for Green Card Sponsor Company then my project was ended.

4) I was not able to get the project for a while and took fulltime position with company "C" in Dec 2009 and still working there

5) I'm close to 5 years on LPR and I would like to apply citizenship?  I did not work at least 4 months before / after Green Card Spencer Company "B". Does it create any problems for my citizenship ? 
Can I expect any questions from officer regarding this ? Form N-400 asking to fill out last five years work details.

Appricate your help.

Thanks,