When to apply visa for parents for graduation?

Mr.

Option 3 (B2) Tourism.

Thank you and sorry for getting back late.

While filling up the DS-160 form, there is a column for secondary education. Shoud that be filled up if its in the past 5 years?

Also, there is another column for previous employer or employment statuts. My father has been working for the same company right from the beginning and he is yet to retire in another couple of years. So, the question here is, "what should my father mention in the 'last date' column of the employment? When filling it up with 2016 dates, it says that it can't be greater than current date. But, he is yet to retire.

Please advice.

Thank you.

Thank you and sorry for getting back late.

While filling up the DS-160 form, there is a column for secondary education. Shoud that be filled up if its in the past 5 years?

Also, there is another column for previous employer or employment statuts. My father has been working for the same company right from the beginning and he is yet to retire in another couple of years. So, the question here is, "what should my father mention in the 'last date' column of the employment? When filling it up with 2016 dates, it says that it can't be greater than current date. But, he is yet to retire.

Please advice.

Thank you.

1. Yes.

2. Enter the current date and if there is a provision enter that he is still working for current employer.

1. Yes.

2. Enter the current date and if there is a provision enter that he is still working for current employer.

Thank you. For the following question, what should my parents enter?

"Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents in the U.S.?"

Since I am studying here, would I be considered as a relative? We don't have any other relatives in US.

Thank you. For the following question, what should my parents enter?

"Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents in the U.S.?"

Since I am studying here, would I be considered as a relative? We don't have any other relatives in US.

I believe your answer is YES as you are related to your parents by birth/blood.

• 2 months later...

I believe your answer is YES as you are related to your parents by birth/blood.

Thank you and sorry for getting back very late. My parents are all set to schedule an appointment for their Visa. A couple of questions before they schedule it:

1) Would there be any other documents they should be showing other than their assets/property documents?

2) Since, I'll be sending invitation letter for my graduation, would that be sufficient for them? Or should they be carrying a copy of my I-20, Passport etc?

3) Since my father is still working, he obtained a NOC from their company to attend my graduation. Would that be sufficient or would there be something else?

4) Any other documents you think that would be helpful for the interview to go smooth?

Please advice.

Thank you and sorry for getting back very late. My parents are all set to schedule an appointment for their Visa. A couple of questions before they schedule it:

1) Would there be any other documents they should be showing other than their assets/property documents?

2) Since, I'll be sending invitation letter for my graduation, would that be sufficient for them? Or should they be carrying a copy of my I-20, Passport etc?

3) Since my father is still working, he obtained a NOC from their company to attend my graduation. Would that be sufficient or would there be something else?

4) Any other documents you think that would be helpful for the interview to go smooth?

Please advice.

1. A financial statement from an auditor is better than showing random documents.

2. Should be enough. But, nothing wrong in carrying extra documents.

3. Good.

4. Nothing I can think of.

1. A financial statement from an auditor is better than showing random documents.

2. Should be enough. But, nothing wrong in carrying extra documents.

3. Good.

4. Nothing I can think of.

Great! Thanks for your input. Will ask them get the financial statement from Auditor.

• 1 month later...

My parents visa was approved for 10 years. Thanks to all the members who helped me in this thread :)

Here are the questions my parents were asked. Hope it helps someone.

Interview on Monday at Hyderabad Consulate:

VO: Why are you going to US?
Parents: To attend our son's graduation.

VO: How many months will you be staying there?
Parents: 1 Month

VO: When are you going?
Parents: Told (The month of my graduation)

VO: Who is buying the ticket for you?
Parents: Self-expenses

VO: Where does your son stay?
Parents: XYZ State

VO: Which University?
Parents: ABC University

VO: What does your son do? Is he studying or OPT or CPT?
Parents: He is studying.

VO: What is your annual income?
Father: Told (Mother is a house-wife)

VO: Where is your daughter living?
Parents: In ABC City, India. (We are children of two and my sister lives in India)

VO: You'll receive your visa. You'll get a notification on your mobile or email for Passport pickup.

Received email for passport pickup by Tuesday afternoon.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived