Additional document for J1 waiver

PAL1

Dear all,

My case has been with the US DoS Waiver Review Division for 2 months. The Waiver Review Division has asked for an additional document. Which of the following two addresses should I send it to:

(1)  US Department of State,

Visa Service, Waiver Review Division

2401 E Street, NW

Washington DC, 20522

--OR--

(2)    The Waiver Review Division

U.S. Department of State

Visa Office-SA-17, 11th Floor

600 19th Street, NW

Washington, DC 20522-1711

I received the letter from address (2) and I already sent out my document to the address (2) about 3 weeks back but the online status hasn't changed yet. Also, the DoS website suggests that the additional documents should be sent at the address (1). Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Dear all,

My case has been with the US DoS Waiver Review Division for 2 months. The Waiver Review Division has asked for an additional document. Which of the following two addresses should I send it to:

(1)  US Department of State,

Visa Service, Waiver Review Division

2401 E Street, NW

Washington DC, 20522

--OR--

(2)    The Waiver Review Division

U.S. Department of State

Visa Office-SA-17, 11th Floor

600 19th Street, NW

I received the letter from address (2) and I already sent out my document to the address (2) about 3 weeks back but the online status hasn't changed yet. Also, the DoS website suggests that the additional documents should be sent at the address (1). Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

If I was you I would send to both address.

Hi all,

When I sent my additional document to 600, 19th Street, NW Washington DC by FedEx, my package did not get delivered for a couple of days and FedEx delivery people told that they could not locate the recipient. However after a few days they deliver it to 44132 Mercure Circle, Sterling, VA 20166. I could not find any information about this address though. I emailed at 212ewaiver@state.gov about 2 weeks ago to inquire but did not get any response. Does any of you have any idea about 44132 Mercure Circle, Sterling, VA 20166? 

Thanks so much in advance.

Hi all,

When I sent my additional document to 600, 19th Street, NW Washington DC by FedEx, my package did not get delivered for a couple of days and FedEx delivery people told that they could not locate the recipient. However after a few days they deliver it to 44132 Mercure Circle, Sterling, VA 20166. I could not find any information about this address though. I emailed at 212ewaiver@state.gov about 2 weeks ago to inquire but did not get any response. Does any of you have any idea about 44132 Mercure Circle, Sterling, VA 20166? 

Thanks so much in advance.

Waiver Review Division

U.S. Department of State

Visa Services

SA-17, 11th Floor

600 19th Street, NW

This is the address mentioned to send additional documents if requested by DOD according to the following DOS web address.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/study-exchange/student/residency-waiver/ds-3035-instructions.html

No idea why it is redirected to a different address now. I would try to send additional document/s requested by DOS through USPS with a tracking number. Avoid express shipping and specifically requesting for signature on delivery.

Hi PAL1, What additional document did the DOS request you? Thanks..

Hi sde68,

I apologize for responding you so late. Actually it was not an additional document. They had asked me to send DS-2019 again. Although the status online shows that my DS-2019 was received on October 24, 2013 but I received a letter from the US DoS that my DS-2019 was missing so I had to send them again. It really makes no sense that online they admit that they received my document and then they mail me and tell my document is missing. It's been really frustrating. Finally, I faxed my DS-2019 and now I hope it doesn't take more than a couple weeks. Let's see.

Archived