I have GC, Wanted to start a consulting company in CA

user143

Hello,

I have GC. I want to start a consulting company in CA. Can anyone please suggest me  from where I can start my research and what the pre work that I need to be done. and what is the difference between llc and INC ?

And one of my friend also wants to work with me, he is on H1B, Is it possible ?

Please suggest me.

Thanks,

Hello,

I have GC. I want to start a consulting company in CA. Can anyone please suggest me  from where I can start my research and what the pre work that I need to be done. and what is the difference between llc and INC ?

Please suggest me.

Thanks,

you need to sit with a CPA. forums cannot help you open a business...if at all you are serious in opening one.

Hello,

Please suggest me.

Thanks,

There are lots of business books out there.

Speak with an attorney and CPA for advice in starting a business. See your local community college for classes on small businesses.

Hire USCs and LPRs to get established. Having only H1B employees is discrimination. You will need a history of being able to pay H1Bs since they must be paid even on bench.

Based on your questions, you ave a lot of learning before going further with you plan.

First: Have you decided on the areas of consulting and possible clients? The key is to get a viable business model planned out. The rest of the stuff are routine and can be handled by a CPA + Attorney.

As for H1-B: Hard in the scenario you mention. Once you get going and start showing revenue and profits, talk to an immigration attorney.

Archived