Profit to Non Profit Organization

naveen209

I work for a Profit organization now and had my H1B approved with them two years back. Now I a got an offer from Non-Profit Organization and they are ready to transfer my H1B.

I read in some article :

- once you move to a non-profit organization the H1B would become a non-cap

- again in future if you have to move out to a another company from a non profit you should apply as a new H1B in April

I am not sure how much of this is correct but if this is correct I should have to rethink before considering this offer. Suggestions?

I work for a Profit organization now and had my H1B approved with them two years back. Now I a got an offer from Non-Profit Organization and they are ready to transfer my H1B.

I read in some article :

- once you move to a non-profit organization the H1B would become a non-cap

- again in future if you have to move out to a another company from a non profit you should apply as a new H1B in April

I am not sure how much of this is correct but if this is correct I should have to rethink before considering this offer. Suggestions?

1. Regardless of profit or non-profit once you are subject to cap all your future H1B petitions are cap exempt till you reach 6 years of stay on H1B.

2. Rumor.

Thanks for the prompt responses.

I have another question "As long as you are with Non Profit the H1B period do not have a time limit (6 yrs like others)" and when you move out from Non Profit to Profit you can still use the remaining of 6yrs from the original H1. Is this correct?

I have another question "As long as you are with Non Profit the H1B period do not have a time limit (6 yrs like others)" and when you move out from Non Profit to Profit you can still use the remaining of 6yrs from the original H1. Is this correct?

For profit or non profit your max allowed stay on H1B status is 6 years.

No. Totally false.

As has been said before, don't listen to rumors.

The H1 time limit is the same.

Archived