H4 Visa - 221g green slip

dkshah

Hello All,

My wife appeared for H4 visa (renewal) interview on 11th March 2014. She got 221g (green slip) and asked to submit below documents. 

Scan and submit the following as a pdf document:

Invitation: An invitation letter from the sponsoring organization in the US. For graduate students, workers, and exchange visitors, this letter should include the name of your supervisor or advisor and details about your work.

Submit all of the following information as a Word document:

Resume: A detailed resume/CV that lists your professional and/or academic backgrounds from your past/present work, three professional references, and a list of all publications.

Research:  A complete and detailed description of 1) any research you intend to conduct in the US; and 2) all past and/or current research you have conducted in all countries. You must include a description of the practical applications of your research and study.

Position: Your current job title and a full description of your work. 

Purpose: A detailed statement of purpose of your visit to the US.

Itinerary: An itinerary of all locations you will visit in the US, including dates, contact names, organizations, addresses, and telephone numbers.

Funding: Name of the person or organization that is funding your trip and your research.

Travelers: A list of all travelers who will accompany you, including family members and colleagues.

Travel: Dates and locations of all your international travel for last 10 year, except for US travel.

We are not sure why they have requested these papers. 

I am concerned whether they need a invitation letter from me or from my company. 

She has not done any research in USA or not even done any study in USA so what we need to say to answer to that query. (What should we have to submit in Research, Resume, Position ?)

Specially why they asked for Position . She is on H4 and she can't work. What should we have to submit ?? 

She is in USA since 2012 and she is a home maker. Even she is not doing any study in USA. She went to India in Feb 2014 for 1.5 months.

Visa officer was only asking questions about her study, (like what your highest education etc.) and he asked only one question about H1 (Where your husband doing work? and she answered xyz company)

She told visa officer two times, I am on H4 and I am on dependent visa but he didn't listen any words and gave 221g.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please please help me.

Thanks,

Hello All,

My wife appeared for H4 visa (renewal) interview on 11th March 2014. She got 221g (green slip) and asked to submit below documents. 

Scan and submit the following as a pdf document:

Invitation: An invitation letter from the sponsoring organization in the US. For graduate students, workers, and exchange visitors, this letter should include the name of your supervisor or advisor and details about your work.

Submit all of the following information as a Word document:

Resume: A detailed resume/CV that lists your professional and/or academic backgrounds from your past/present work, three professional references, and a list of all publications.

Research:  A complete and detailed description of 1) any research you intend to conduct in the US; and 2) all past and/or current research you have conducted in all countries. You must include a description of the practical applications of your research and study.

Position: Your current job title and a full description of your work. 

Purpose: A detailed statement of purpose of your visit to the US.

Itinerary: An itinerary of all locations you will visit in the US, including dates, contact names, organizations, addresses, and telephone numbers.

Funding: Name of the person or organization that is funding your trip and your research.

Travelers: A list of all travelers who will accompany you, including family members and colleagues.

Travel: Dates and locations of all your international travel for last 10 year, except for US travel.

We are not sure why they have requested these papers. 
I am concerned whether they need a invitation letter from me or from my company. 
She has not done any research in USA or not even done any study in USA so what we need to say to answer to that query. (What should we have to submit in Research, Resume, Position ?)

Specially why they asked for Position . She is on H4 and she can't work. What should we have to submit ?? 

She is in USA since 2012 and she is a home maker. Even she is not doing any study in USA. She went to India in Feb 2014 for 1.5 months.

Visa officer was only asking questions about her study, (like what your highest education etc.) and he asked only one question about H1 (Where your husband doing work? and she answered xyz company)

She told visa officer two times, I am on H4 and I am on dependent visa but he didn't listen any words and gave 221g.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please please help me.

Thanks,

Looks like there is miscommunication. Probably VO thought that your wife is studying on H4. Contact US consulate or an attorney.

It appears that the consulate made an error believing that she is applying for an J-1 visa. Check the DS-160 to make sure the right classification was selected. She may need to correct this.

The attorneys at Murthy India (MurthyIndia.com) are experienced in assisting with correcting visa applications and communicating with the consulates. You and your wife may want to talk with them.

• 8 months later...

Archived