visiting twice in less than 6 months

mkasam

Hi,

I have a quick question can visitors visit twice in less than 6 months. This in regard to my family members they will be coming here to visit an important family gathering in a month they will be staying here for 2 months and return to India..then they will be coming after 3 months. Do you guys think its going to be an issue at port of entry while visiting second time. They will be coming here for 2 nd visit for their daughter's delivery..

Appreciate response.

Thanks,

For what it is worth: One of my relatives in India travels frequently to US (and Canada) for business. He has sometimes made trips with less than 30 days in between and he has had no issues so far. That said, each visit seldom exceeded a week.

For what it is worth: One of my relatives in India travels frequently to US (and Canada) for business. He has sometimes made trips with less than 30 days in between and he has had no issues so far. That said, each visit seldom exceeded a week.

Short visits are generally not a problem. It shows that the person has a home abroad.

The problems happen with people who stay a long time, often the full 6 months, and then want to come again a short time after leaving. That raises questions, and when there are suspicions of inappropriate visits, a denial of entry isn't far away.

And with the OP talking about delivery, that also raises very particular questions, because way too many people don't understand what is considered work in the US and what isn't.

The officers at the POE couldn't care less about some forum member denouncing "charlatans who give you information about child care". The officers would just deny entry and send the person back to his or her home country. I am wondering if the forum member also calls the officers at the POE "charlatans"...

There are rules in this country, and helping out in the household due to a child delivery is ABSOLUTELY illegal for visitors, even if somebody in a forum calls people warning about this FACT "charlatans". Not warning people about this FACT would be what a charlatan would do.

And with the OP talking about delivery, that also raises very particular questions, because way too many people don't understand what is considered work in the US and what isn't.

I tend to agree with you  -- "way too many people don't understand what is considered work in the US and what isn't".    That's why it is a safe bet to rely on what an Attorney understands and says. 

Here is a link where Attorney_23 explains it ... though it does not seem to fit your  version of work

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/54609-wife-sponsoring-in-laws-visitor-visa-urgent/page-2?&

Hi,

I have a quick question can visitors visit twice in less than 6 months. This in regard to my family members they will be coming here to visit an important family gathering in a month they will be staying here for 2 months and return to India..then they will be coming after 3 months. Do you guys think its going to be an issue at port of entry while visiting second time. They will be coming here for 2 nd visit for their daughter's delivery..

Appreciate response.

Thanks,

My experience: My FIL came to US to visit us from India on 10th Sept 2013 and he left after 2 months (Nov 16th 2013). His I94 was valid till March 10th 2014. He entered US again yesterday i.e. 12th March 2014. He was asked lots of questions at POE about this visit. He answered confidently and gave the true reason. He was given I94 till Sep 2014. We booked his current ticket in such a way that he entered after his initial I94 expiry. Do not know whether this helped in any way.

could you please let me know what do you mean by childcare.

what this means is that why should someone come to take care of the delivery here? arent you 2 adults mature enough to handle the child? not everyone is lucky like you that can rely on some in laws to baby sit the mother and child. American families work and look after their babies independently. If you have come this far than learn to live independently!

Also..if the Officers at the POE find out the reason your family members are visiting here..then its a straight deportation!! Imagine them in a tiring 18 hr journey just to find out they would be back on the next flight to their home country.

I tend to agree with you  -- "way too many people don't understand what is considered work in the US and what isn't".    That's why it is a safe bet to rely on what an Attorney understands and says. 

Here is a link where Attorney_23 explains it ... though it does not seem to fit your  version of work

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/54609-wife-sponsoring-in-laws-visitor-visa-urgent/page-2?&

What you fail to understand that none of that helps the person is the person is denied entry.

So, gambling that it may work is a bad idea.

No amount of you trying to stalk me once again is going to change that.

Work in the US is not allowed for a visitor. And visitors applying for entry in b2 status have been denied entry because of their intent to help in the household. These are facts.

My experience: My FIL came to US to visit us from India on 10th Sept 2013 and he left after 2 months (Nov 16th 2013). His I94 was valid till March 10th 2014. He entered US again yesterday i.e. 12th March 2014. He was asked lots of questions at POE about this visit. He answered confidently and gave the true reason. He was given I94 till Sep 2014. We booked his current ticket in such a way that he entered after his initial I94 expiry. Do not know whether this helped in any way.

Answering truthful is the only way.

They can figure out if somebody is lying. That's what all the questions are about. Somebody who lies will have inconsistencies in the answers, etc.

What you fail to understand that none of that helps the person is the person is denied entry.

So, gambling that it may work is a bad idea.

No amount of you trying to stalk me once again is going to change that.

Work in the US is not allowed for a visitor. And visitors applying for entry in b2 status have been denied entry because of their intent to help in the household. These are facts.

What YOU fail to understand is your definition of "work"  is  contrary to what Attorney says.    If you have any further argument , take it to the Attorney instead of barking at the wrong tree  .

what this means is that why should someone come to take care of the delivery here? arent you 2 adults mature enough to handle the child? not everyone is lucky like you that can rely on some in laws to baby sit the mother and child. American families work and look after their babies independently. If you have come this far than learn to live independently!

Also..if the Officers at the POE find out the reason your family members are visiting here..then its a straight deportation!! Imagine them in a tiring 18 hr journey just to find out they would be back on the next flight to their home country.

Are you an expert on American Families ?  How many families have you seen ?   Baby sitting and helping a pregnant daughter are two different things.  Search this forum you will find post by  US born Attorney who was helped by her mother during her pregnancy. 

Or may be you work for DHS and have deported (!)  soemone .  BTW,   with all your knowledge   you even do not know that a person at POE is Denied Entry NOT Deported.  Deportation is when one is inside US.

What YOU fail to understand is your definition of "work"  is  contrary to what Attorney says.    If you have any further argument , take it to the Attorney instead of barking at the wrong tree  .

It is not "my" definition of work, it is the USCIS definition of work.

If you don't like it, take it up with USCIS. Put your money where your mouth is.

Troll.

The length of the second visit is a big indication of the "plan".  Grandparents can meet their new grandbaby in a week or two. A stay of several months goes beyond simple grandparent pleasures.  In fact,  a newborn is not a lot of fun; as a grandparent (and multi-child parent), I much prefer 6 to 18 months. After the child learns to run and climb, it becomes a lot more work and less fun for a couple of years when the child becomes "civilized" - ie ready for ice cream store visits.

Where did USCIS define that a Parent helping a daughter during pregnancy is work ?   Why don't you show some reference instead of name calling ?    You really need to learn that an Attorney is more trustworthy than a layman like you.  And BTW,  it is fun catching your bluffs :)

For all the "charlatans" (thanks Ponte :) ) ,   here is an extract from Chennai Consulate --

http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/emergencyappointments.html

"Travel for the purpose of attending weddings and graduation ceremonies, assisting pregnant relatives, participating in an annual business/academic/professional conference, or enjoying last-minute tourism does not qualify for expedited appointments. For such travel, please schedule a regular visa appointment well in advance."

Chennai consulate is clearly asking that those who plan to "assist pregnant relatives"  should apply for a regular Visa Appointment .    

Hope there will be no further argment based on some non-existing "USCIS definition of work".

A consulate is not USCIS, not CBP.

There are lots of decisions by USCIS, and there are lots of people who got denied entry because of assisting in the household.

The only charlatans are people who "advise" people to gamble. Shame on you.

For all the "charlatans" (thanks Ponte :) ) ,   here is an extract from Chennai Consulate --

http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/emergencyappointments.html

"Travel for the purpose of attending weddings and graduation ceremonies, assisting pregnant relatives, participating in an annual business/academic/professional conference, or enjoying last-minute tourism does not qualify for expedited appointments. For such travel, please schedule a regular visa appointment well in advance."

Chennai consulate is clearly asking that those who plan to "assist pregnant relatives"  should apply for a regular Visa Appointment .    

Hope there will be no further argment based on some non-existing "USCIS definition of work".

And?

It doesn't say that "assisting pregnant relatives" is an allowed activity. It only says that if people apply for a travel visa for such a purpose, they can't used expedited appointments.

In particular, it doesn't say that a visa would be issued for such a purpose.

Unfortunately, some people use their visit visa to provide child care so that both of the child's parents can work.  This is not within the scope of the visa activities.  They also post that they intent to "care for" a pregnant woman.  There are few instances where a pregnant woman cannot care for herself and these frequently result in her needing professional care.

While a USC can babysit a grandchild legally, a tourist to the US cannot. Also, few USCs or LPRs can take 6 months or a year away from their home and own activities to "vacation". 

Archived