Query on accredition of univ

Cranky

Here is the update on my Query:

My query states that

1) ******************** (***) was accredited in May 2001- May 2004 

2) It was again accredited in June 2011

3) It was not accredited between May 2004 & June 2011

To my bad luck I graduated from *** in December 2010 and USCIS states that my degree is not valid because of this reason(3) above . Even though I got my current H1B valid till Sep 2015, USCIS is currently trying to revoke it if I can't defend the query before March 23 2014. 

I am currently in a tough situation and not sure what to do. If anyone got the same query and came out of it, please help me.

Appreciate all your help.

My query states that

To my bad luck I graduated from *** in December 2010 and USCIS states that my degree is not valid because of this reason(3) above . Even though I got my current H1B valid till Sep 2015, USCIS is currently trying to revoke it if I can't defend the query before March 23 2014. 

I am currently in a tough situation and not sure what to do. If anyone got the same query and came out of it, please help me.

Talk to a good immigration attorney asap.

Your H1b is invalid, Since it is from a Non-Accredited university, at the point of your study. There is nothing you can do to defend yourself for this type of RFE.

Try to apply this year under regular H1B quota from your bachelor's degree and hope that it gets selected :).. or just pack the bags and leave the country

1. Can we fight against them as they have provided H1B earlier with the same University with out any issues?

2. Is there any right that they can revoke the approved H1B in any condition?

3. Can i transfer/withdraw the present H1B to different employer before they make any action?

4. If they revoke my H1B on March 23rd. Would I be considered as a new H1B applicant if, I apply in April 2014?

5. If they revoke my H1B. What would be the grace period to change my status?

1. Can we fight against them as they have provided H1B earlier with the same University with out any issues?
3. Can i transfer/withdraw the present H1B to different employer before they make any action?
4. If they revoke my H1B on March 23rd. Would I be considered as a new H1B applicant if, I apply in April 2014?

1. Your H1 was approved by 'error' that means it was a mistake. So you can't 'fight' against them, you need to fight against your employer who filed your H1 without following/knowing the rules.

2. Yes, the have all rights to revoke the approved peition at ANY time if they find out that their was something wrong in the approved petition

3. Your current H1 itself is INVALID, so you can't tranfer an invalid H1 petition.

4. Currently you are out of status since your H1 is invalid. Contact an attorney NOW. Once your H1 is revoked you will be out of status by default, so how can you file new H1 on April 1st?

5.Zero days. You will be out of status from next day.

1. Can we fight against them as they have provided H1B earlier with the same University with out any issues? No-- They approved this in error. So they have every right to go back and revoke
2. Is there any right that they can revoke the approved H1B in any condition? Yes, Unless you can prove that your university is accredited.
3. Can i transfer/withdraw the present H1B to different employer before they make any action? I don't think so, Since original H1b is invalid
4. If they revoke my H1B on March 23rd. Would I be considered as a new H1B applicant if, I apply in April 2014? Yes
5. If they revoke my H1B. What would be the grace period to change my status? Nothing--- No grace period, I believe

1. No.

2. USCIS has the rights.

3. No.

4. Yes, provided you have the required educational qualifications for that job. But you would need to exit US immediately.

5. No grace period.

You can not fight against them.

They can revoke immigration benefits that were issued in error at any time.

Instead of trying to fight with them, you should have avoided that fraud institution altogether.

I and others have warned for years to stay away from these frauds.

It is a costly mistake to enroll at such fraud institutions. As you are finding out, it is costing you dearly.

I have done the mistake i completely agree.. what are the options do i have now.. please tell me

You need to discuss your situation with a GOOD immigration lawyer.

My guess is that you ultimately will have to leave the country .

do i need a good lawyer to drive me safely at the airport..??

If you need help to drive...

We are all lay people here. If you want to get reliable legal information about your situation, you would have to consult with a lawyer.

Of course, you are always free to leave the country without that...

Contact a lawyer and apply for H1B with your bachelors degree, provided you have an offer letter from a good company...

My query states that

Hi

Can you please update your status , i am in the same situation... my id  *************@ g 

Yes. i am from the same school. will you able to help us anything? if yes please do so. if not please don't make statements..

Contact an attorney, only he can help you.

Any degree from non-accredited university is useless and can't be used for immigration. If you have used that degree for immigration then you are in trouble.

Yes. i am from the same school. will you able to help us anything? if yes please do so. if not please don't make statements..

You can NOT NOT NOT use that degree.

That ALL there is to it. It really isn't rocket science. A degree from a non-accredited institution is toilet paper.

You wasted your money on a fraud. It is THAT simple.

• 8 months later...

Archived