L1 to H1

sumanth.konduru

I have came to USA on L1-B (I-94 and visa is valid upto oct 30th 2015) from Company A (still working). Meanwhile I have filled H1-B (COS) from outside Company B. Now my H1-B with COS is approved through Company B .

Since I have got H1-B COs approved, I am in search of job and planning to give notice to Company A (L1-B). But Company A is now given a counter offer saying that I can work with Company A by transferring H1-B from Company B to Company A. 

1) Actually I have received H1-B COS approval from Company B, Can I transfer my H1-B to Company A without any payslips from Company B? 

2) Do we need any documents or permission from Company B to transfer to Company A ?

I have came to USA on L1-B (I-94 and visa is valid upto oct 30th 2015) from Company A (still working). Meanwhile I have filled H1-B (COS) from outside Company B. Now my H1-B with COS is approved through Company B .

Since I have got H1-B COs approved, I am in search of job and planning to give notice to Company A (L1-B). But Company A is now given a counter offer saying that I can work with Company A by transferring H1-B from Company B to Company A. 

1) Actually I have received H1-B COS approval from Company B, Can I transfer my H1-B to Company A without any payslips from Company B? 

2) Do we need any documents or permission from Company B to transfer to Company A ?

You have to stop working for L1B employer immediately as it is illegal employment.

1. Yes, company A can file a cap exempt H1B petition.

2. You need H1B petition number or approval notice from company B.

Thanks a lot for reply .

Lets say If H1 from Company B is approved in Aug . if Company B is ready to provide Petition No  . Can Company A can transfer it in Aug itself or need to wait till OCT ?

As I didnt work with Company B , it is file to transfer to Company A in AUG or OCT start ?

If filed in PP it gets approved in 15 calendar days and you can start working immediately if approved as COS.

Archived