Visa Stamp Dropbox Experience at Hyderabad, India

gcchecke

Hello, Thought this would be useful for anyone planning to go for H1/H4 visa stamp using dropbox facility.

First of all, Dropbox option is very flexible with visa process, however there is some ambiguity on what's going on with your Visa processing at the Consulate. Here is my experience with dates of submission and also daily status

2/18/14 AM -  Submitted Passport and Required Docs for H1 and H4 at Dropbox location in Hyderabad

Docs Submitted  - at HYD Dropbox Location

H1 - Original Passport(s) , Dropbox Confirmation, DS 160, Copy of I797 Approval, 2 Photos

H4- Original Passport(s), DS 160, Copy of H4 I797 Approval, Copy of H1 I797 Approval, Copy of H1 Latest Visa Stamp, 2 Photos

Status as of 7PM* Daily

Date

Passport Status

(US Travel Docs Website)

Visa Status

(CEAC Website)

2/18/14

Your Passport is scheduled to deliver to Post

No Status

2/19/14

Your Passport is still with Post

Administrative Processing

2/20/14

2/21/14

2/24/14

Issued

2/25/14

Your passport is ready for pickup

(Also received email  at 11 AM about Passport Status)

Issued

2/26/14

Your passport has been picked up

Issued

*All times are IST 

Hi,

last time I got visa from Calgary,Canada consulate...is it okay if I drop the h1b visa documents in Hyderabad consulate now?? I am eligible for everything but I have little confusion about this.

you are not eligible for DropBox. Please check the rules. If your last visa was approved in india then only you are eligible for dropbox in india. 

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience, I am also using the dropbox facility as fit all the criteria. However, I am not sure if I still need to take a  Visa Application Center (VAC) appointment to give fingure prints and take photos. I would greatly appreciate, if you can clarify this.

Thank You,

Phani

• 4 months later...

Hi,

My wife and son submitted the docs on 09 Jul,2014 through IWP/Dropbox.

They took only i797A copy and Visa copy of Primary Applicant along with DS160 & Dropbox confirmation with their photos.

09-Jul : No Status

10-Jul : Ready

11-Jul : Ready

12,13 - Weekend

14-Jul : Administrative Processing

15-Jul morning my son's application showed as "Issued"

15-Jul End of Day my wife's application showed as "Issued"

Passport status were shown as "still with post" till 15-JUL EOD.

16-JUL : Passport ready for pickup.

My wife had COS to H1 in Oct. 2013(mentioned that in the DS160 as previous work experience) but now coming back on H4.

• 2 months later...

@dasarip:

did you find out the answer to this question ? I will be visiting india in Oct/November and I need to know if a person qualifies for a Dropbox program, do I still need a OFC appointment for biometrics ? 

My case: 

• Visa expired 5/2014. 
  • Extension approved till 5/2017.
  • i-140 approved.
  • This will be my 6+ years stamping  

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience, I am also using the dropbox facility as fit all the criteria. However, I am not sure if I still need to take a  Visa Application Center (VAC) appointment to give fingure prints and take photos. I would greatly appreciate, if you can clarify this.

Thank You,

Phani

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I was eligible for the dropbox at Hyderabad. Went on 10 Nov 2014 for submitting my documents. My employer provided all possible documentation for submission, however at the consulate, they took just Original Passport, DS 160 confirmation, copy of I797 petition, Dropbox confirmation.

Currently on Nov 15 2014 (after 5 business days including the drop off date), it still showing the status as "Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate".

What does it mean and what do you suggest my next steps should be?

Hi, I was eligible for the dropbox at Hyderabad. Went on 10 Nov 2014 for submitting my documents. My employer provided all possible documentation for submission, however at the consulate, they took just Original Passport, DS 160 confirmation, copy of I797 petition, Dropbox confirmation. Currently on Nov 15 2014 (after 5 business days including the drop off date), it still showing the status as "Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate". What does it mean and what do you suggest my next steps should be?

Nothing other than wait for an update.

hi,

I have a similiar situation, i have my travel today and still waiting for my passport.

I dropped my passport at VFS office on 07-Nov,friday and they submitted it to Consulate only on 10-Nov,Monday. from then Visa status is in 'Administrative processing' and PP status is in '..with Consulate'

I spoke with VFS guys to request them to escalate my case due to my family commitments in the US, they said they could escalate only after 10 business days.

It is little frustrated but hoping for the best to get my passport today

• 1 year later...

I am actually trying to book an appointment for Hyderabad Consulate and i am Eligible for DropBox.

I have paid the appointment fee and waiting for NEFT transaction to be completed. 

Here is my question.

Is dropbox option tied with the appointment dates avilablity, i am asking this as the dates are moving very fast.

yesterday i saw was aug 16th and with in 8 hrs , it moved to Aug 22, 2016.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks !!

Archived