L1 Petition approved but extension was denied in error by USICS

Abulu123

My company filed for an L1A extension for me this month . I got my Petition approved, but the extension was denied. The reason was stated that I was out of the country (US) when my extension is filed. But, I was never out of the country (US). I never travelled anywhere outside the country in last three years. 
My company immigration dept has raised a service request to review their decision. I will have to wait for two weeks to hear from them.
Anybody has any suggestion on how to take up this case. If this is a mistake of USICS will it be corrected?

As this is quite straightforward case, will there be any obstacles in clearing the case. 

What are the implication of this Out of status to me. Will it be treated as out of status as I wait for their decision on the service request.
Any suggestion is appreciated. Please respond quickly so I can plan.

My company filed for an L1A extension for me this month . I got my Petition approved, but the extension was denied. The reason was stated that I was out of the country (US) when my extension is filed. But, I was never out of the country (US). I never travelled anywhere outside the country in last three years. 

My company immigration dept has raised a service request to review their decision. I will have to wait for two weeks to hear from them.

Anybody has any suggestion on how to take up this case. If this is a mistake of USICS will it be corrected?

As this is quite straightforward case, will there be any obstacles in clearing the case. 

What are the implication of this Out of status to me. Will it be treated as out of status as I wait for their decision on the service request.

Any suggestion is appreciated. Please respond quickly so I can plan.

If it was denied in error USCIS would rectify it. Nothing to worry. Alternatively, if you have a valid L1 visa you can just cross the border and enter with approval notice to get new I94.

Archived