Can I attend H1B ext stamping prior to its start

priya162122

Hi All 

I have my H1B stamping is valid till April 10th 2014, and I got approved with 3 yrs H1B ext which is till next April 2017, Can I attend Visa interview before April 10th 2014? 

If so if I get rejected/revoked will my existing stamping till April 10th 2014 will also be revoked? Please help me I am unable to decide when I have to attend for stamping.

Thank You all in advance for your responses

Priya

Hi All 

I have my H1B stamping is valid till April 10th 2014, and I got approved with 3 yrs H1B ext which is till next April 2017, Can I attend Visa interview before April 10th 2014? 

If so if I get rejected/revoked will my existing stamping till April 10th 2014 will also be revoked? Please help me I am unable to decide when I have to attend for stamping.

Thank You all in advance for your responses

Priya

You can apply for a visa 90 days before your current H1B visa expiry date with an approved I797 for extension.

Thanks guys.....

cbalajih1 Good Luck  on your Interview.....  I am also planning to attend in ottawa, since last time I have attended in same place. And I got approved, Make sure you have all color print out since last time I had one document which was in black because I forgot to get the original I took a print out, the VO complained on that, I thought he will reject mine because of this, but lucky I had client documents in all color, so he was satisfied and approved my visa.  And do share your experience.    
Hi All,

First of all thanks for all the members of the forum for sharing their experiences.. this forum helped me a lot to prepare all the 

required documents and the questions VO asks.

My Details:

Working in US since Jan 2007.

Was working for a desi company A from Jan 2007 to May 2013. (6.5 years)

moved to company B (for green card processing) in May 2013.

I have a current H1 valid till May 9 2014.

I have new H1 valid from May 10 2014 - May 9 2017. (Both the H1s are with the company B, and I have attended the interview with the new H1)

I have attended interview on 19th Feb. and the Visa is approved.

VO: Your H1 starts from May... so i think your visa will be valid only from May.. 

ME: I am currently working for the same company and i have the current I 797

VO:I need to check something (and he went in and came after 5 mins.. and said it is ok.)

ME: OK Sir.

VO: How long are you working for Company B.

ME: 9 months.

VO: When did you finish your under grad

ME: 2004.

VO: Where

ME: In India Sir.

VO: Did you masters after that

ME: NO Sir.

VO: what did you do after under grad.

ME: I worked as a Software Engineer in India for 2.5 Years then came to US on H1 and started working for Company A from Jan 2007 to May 2013 then moved to company B my current company.

VO: Your visa is issued and you will get an email from loomis to collect the passport on Monday or Tuesday.

It is PIMS update that is why it is taking 4 days. (additional 2 days for PIMS).

Note: The same VO interviewed 3 other(Indians) before me and for each person he took the interview for at least 30 mins.

and my interview was only 10 mins, including the time he spent in analysing if i can get the visa on the future dated H1.

So definitely each case is different .. so don't worry.

All the Best for who ever attending the interview.

Archived