Bank statement RFE for EAD I-765.

arch01

I am in the US on a J2 visa. I have applied for renewal of my current EAD (expires at the end of Feb 2014). 
USCIS have requested additional evidence for this application, one of these being providing 'copies of bank statements upon entry into the US along with other documents showing additional available monies'. 
What exactly does this mean? If I provide UK bank statements from when we first arrived they're irrelevant now as we spent most our money moving here! 
Is it statements of all expenditure/income into our joint US bank account since arrival in the US last March? I'm concerned if I send all our US statements (part of which will show my income while I've been employed) it will be too much info and slow the process as well as put our joint expenditure under unwanted scrutiny. My wife's income is just about enough to support me if I literally sit at home doing absolutely nothing; but even if it was a lot, I need to work to stay sane and live a nice life in LA!

What do they want?! Has anyone had experience of this.

It's getting close now, only 2 weeks until current EAD expires and then work has to stop…employer won't be happy.

Thanks for any help

• 5 years later...

Hello,

I hope your case was resolved and you got your EAD renewal. My husband is a J2 and is in the exact same situation as you were. Similarly we have been asked for bank statements  'copies of bank statements upon entry into the US along with other documents showing additional available monies'. and similarly, we have spent those funds. Can you please tell me if you resolved the situation?

All the best!

Archived