2 H1Bs from same company. How to apply for H4?

ravivanjani

I have an H1B visa stamp from Company A valid until Sep 2015. I changed my job last year and got the H1B visa from Company B which was only valid for 1 year until May 2014. I applied for extension of H1B for Company B which is now approved and is valid from May 2014 - May 2017.

I have to apply for my wife's H4 visa and she is planning to come here in April. My question is, when i am filling out the form for visa and it asks for my H1B receipt number, which one should i enter? 

What do you think will be the validity of her visa? 

I am very confused. Everything is in order on my end but I do not want her visa to be valid only until May 2014. That would not be good. Will she be allowed to enter US with one month left on her visa?

I have an H1B visa stamp from Company A valid until Sep 2015. I changed my job last year and got the H1B visa from Company B which was only valid for 1 year until May 2014. I applied for extension of H1B for Company B which is now approved and is valid from May 2014 - May 2017.

I have to apply for my wife's H4 visa and she is planning to come here in April. My question is, when i am filling out the form for visa and it asks for my H1B receipt number, which one should i enter? 
What do you think will be the validity of her visa? 

I am very confused. Everything is in order on my end but I do not want her visa to be valid only until May 2014. That would not be good. Will she be allowed to enter US with one month left on her visa?

Enter the current H1B I797 receipt number that is valid till May 2014. At interview ask your spouse to show both copies of I797s to VO.

Archived