Visiting visa extension delay questions.

woow14610

Hi...

My mother in law is coming here in Early September as my wife is pregnant for our babies birth. We might have to extend my wife's moms visa beyond 6 months as my wife need help with the baby. So the questions I have is following,

1. Once we apply for the extension what if the decision take longer time 1-94 allowed time?
a. Can she stay here until the decision is made?
b. What if they reject the extension? Does she fall under overstay? How long does she have to leave the country?

2. What is the best way to handle the Air Ticket?
a. If I change the Air ticket before applying to show as an evidence of her temp stay? What if the extension get denied? Change it back again?
b. Is it OK to wait for the decision to make the Air ticket change?

3. How early could I apply for the extension?

Appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Hi...

My mother in law is coming here in Early September as my wife is pregnant for our babies birth. We might have to extend my wife's moms visa beyond 6 months as my wife need help with the baby. So the questions I have is following,

1. Once we apply for the extension what if the decision take longer time 1-94 allowed time?

a. Can she stay here until the decision is made?

b. What if they reject the extension? Does she fall under overstay? How long does she have to leave the country?

2. What is the best way to handle the Air Ticket?

a. If I change the Air ticket before applying to show as an evidence of her temp stay? What if the extension get denied? Change it back again?

b. Is it OK to wait for the decision to make the Air ticket change?

3. How early could I apply for the extension?

Appreciate the help.

Thanks.

1. Unless there is a strong reason extension would be denied. If MIL leaves after her extension is denied then her visitor visa becomes invalid. She has to leave immediately after denial of extension.

2. Buy a two way air ticket.

3. You should apply at least 45 days before I94 expiry.

With the reason you mentioned your MIL will not get an extension. So, do not count on that.

Firstly your MIL is on B2 visa, so she cannot do any kind of work like babysitting etc.

Second, she won't get any ext bcos the reason for ext is very silly. A visitor cannot get an ext of stay unless and until that person cannot travel. Moreover their is no guarantee that she will get 6 months of stay at POE.

I guess my wife must be doing a job too by looking after a baby. There are millions of parents here looking after their grand children and helping. I asked a question here for other experience. 

That's of the reasons why the genuine candidates are not get their visa's. Either its H1 or F1 or B2, bcos of abuse by some people others are getting effected.

Again, visiting visa is not for taking care of a baby. If you can't take care of your baby then hire a person to do that or you can transfer your status to dependent status but don't abuse the  visiting visa rules.

And, if you and your wife are unable to care for an infant without help, you should not have had kids!  You think babies are hard work, you are in for a very rude awakening when you have a teenager. I would have gladly traded my 12 yo for twins under a year to get some rest.

Archived