filing multiple H1's does increase chances in lottery

lathasri

Hi Friends,

Here I have few questions,

1) Can I file more than one H1B application from different employer ?

2) Will filing multiple H1B applications from different employers will increase the chances in Lottery ?

3) If No to first Question how?

4) If we File multiple H1 B from different employer , then while doing lottery process will multiple applications will be treated as a single entry ?

I have few other questions on Fees :

1) If I file multiple applications from different employers like 

H1B from ABC employer and 123 Employer , if in lottery only application from ABC employer is picked and application from 123 employer is not picked in lottery .

so will the H1b fee will be deducted for 123 Employer also ?

Thanks,

Latha

• 1 month later...

Please see the answers in red.

Hi Friends,

Here I have few questions,

1) Can I file more than one H1B application from different employer ? Yes

2) Will filing multiple H1B applications from different employers will increase the chances in Lottery ? Yes, since they are from different employers

3) If No to first Question how?

4) If we File multiple H1 B from different employer , then while doing lottery process will multiple applications will be treated as a single entry ? No

I have few other questions on Fees :

1) If I file multiple applications from different employers like 

H1B from ABC employer and 123 Employer , if in lottery only application from ABC employer is picked and application from 123 employer is not picked in lottery .

so will the H1b fee will be deducted for 123 Employer also ?--- You should not be worried about fees, as it is employers responsibility

Thanks,

Latha

Hi Friends,

so will the H1b fee will be deducted for 123 Employer also ?

Why are you concerned about the fees?

The employer(s) pay for the H1.

It is illegal for the prospective employee to pay for most of the H1 fees.

Or are you planning to pay for it? If so, you won't get an H1 at all. USCIS nowadays issues RFEs for multiple applications, because they suspect that the beneficiary paid for the H1s.

Yet another reason why people should have only ONE application.

Don't think USCIS is stupid. They know about this kind of fraud. In fact, some time back Wikileaks released some documents from the US consulates in India showing that the authorities know about this kind of fraud.

If any person is worried about the H1 fee then almost 99% sure that they are paying that fee directly or indirectly.

Yes. And that's why all these people who try to game the system will end up not getting an H1 at all.

As I have said over and over, people need to commit to one employer and one employer only, and not pay for an H1.

This whole "multiple applications" is NOT increasing the chances, and on the contrary, is reducing the chances.

Some people think they can "outsmart" the system, but they are the one who demonstrate their lack of smarts, by paying for an H1...

All they accomplish is stumbling over their own feet.

The people who do things by the book thank them ;)

You are wrong.

Multiple applications do not increase the chances.

Can you please provide any proof of your statement? USCIS has only asked not to file multiple H1B's with same employer, It never stated anything like that.

In fact USCIS stated last year that, Once the lottery is completed, they would reject all the petitions which are incorrectly filed ( that includes the one who filed multiple H1B's through same employer ) and keep some extra applications in pool, so as so that they can compensate for lost applications in this process. That was the reason why many people didn't hear about their lottery results until late JUNE.

Can you please provide any proof of your statement?.

To give you another hint: It was in a proposed rule in 2011, when USCIS wanted to do electronic filing of the H1, because it would have made the task fo identifying duplicate filings a lot easier for them.

From that filing on, it was very clear how they do the lottery, with identifying duplicate filings before they conduct the lottery, and rejecting improperly files applications (e.g,. with wrong fees) at the same time.

Oh, and the only people benefiting from duplicate filings are the shady consulting companies who ask for money for an H1.

It is not surprising that they don't advertise the lottery process, and in particular, it is not surprising that they try to perpetuate the lies about duplicate filings.

The truth is that duplicate filings don't increase the chances, and are likely to reduce the chances, down to zero, if the beneficiary has paid for an H1.

• 4 weeks later...

The Federal Register. It is easy to find with your favorite search engine...

YOU ARE WRONG. Don't simply post the same thing in all over the forum. I have seen you discouraging people with genuine offers and without knowing properly about the random selection process. FYI, I am an DBA. A person is alloted an H1 number and considered as single entry after the lottery. That means before lottery, it is considered as an individual petition from different employers.

So if all his petitions are picked in lottery, he will be alloted an H-1 number and all his petitons will be considered as single entry against the cap. IF USCIS finds, if it is from same employer, they will deny all the petitions. If it is genuine, there is no problem about RFEs and other stuffs. And here is the proof for my statements which obviously tells you are just posting wrong information in these forum. These are the lines from Federal Register Interim Rule published.

"both may file one petition each on behalf of the same alien. A subsidiary should not file an H–1B petition for an alien just to increase the alien’s chances of being selected for an H–1B number where that subsidiary has no legitimate need to employ the alien and is, instead, only filing a petition to facilitate the alien’s hiring by a different, although 

related, subsidiary. "

It means filing with multiple employer will increase the chances in lottery and if the alien is lucky enough to get allthe petitions picked, and if it is genuine, there is no need to worry about RFE and Audits.

Can you please provide any proof of your statement? USCIS has only asked not to file multiple H1B's with same employer, It never stated anything like that.

In fact USCIS stated last year that, Once the lottery is completed, they would reject all the petitions which are incorrectly filed ( that includes the one who filed multiple H1B's through same employer ) and keep some extra applications in pool, so as so that they can compensate for lost applications in this process. That was the reason why many people didn't hear about their lottery results until late JUNE.

You are completely right Simk. It increases chances and it is mentioned in a way in the federal register.  And what you said about extra application in pool is absolutely what I read in the publication. I don't know why this JOeF discourages people who are having some genuine offers and posting wrong information. Unless it is a shady petition, nobody has to worry about RFEs and audits even if you have more than two petitions on your name.  

To give you another hint: It was in a proposed rule in 2011, when USCIS wanted to do electronic filing of the H1, because it would have made the task fo identifying duplicate filings a lot easier for them.

From that filing on, it was very clear how they do the lottery, with identifying duplicate filings before they conduct the lottery, and rejecting improperly files applications (e.g,. with wrong fees) at the same time.

It was PROPOSED. Not passed buddy. So check your facts. And that is not just electronic filing. Its called Registration requirement for the employers. Its kinda of Pre filing electronically before Apr 1st. It was proposed and it is not passed yet if you check the facts correctly.

You are completely right Simk. It increases chances and it is mentioned in a way in the federal register.  And what you said about extra application in pool is absolutely what I read in the publication. I don't know why this JOeF discourages people who are having some genuine offers and posting wrong information. Unless it is a shady petition, nobody has to worry about RFEs and audits even if you have more than two petitions on your name.  

It doesn't increase the chances, no matter your delusions.

Do you really think USCIS is stupid??? Geez. They have seen all these tries to abuse the system.

It never ceases to amaze me how delusional people are. The desperation to get to the US no matter what seems to kill all kinds of brain cells in people.

It was PROPOSED. Not passed buddy. So check your facts. And that is not just electronic filing. Its called Registration requirement for the employers. Its kinda of Pre filing electronically before Apr 1st. It was proposed and it is not passed yet if you check the facts correctly.

What was proposed was the electronic filing.

I suggest YOU get your facts straight.

The posting in the Federal Register gave insight into how they do things, and that includes that they identify duplicate filings before the lottery. They just enter the info manually into a database. The electronic filing would have simplified that.

It is trivial from that to ensure that duplicate filings are counted only once.

Do you really think USCIS is stupid???

I understand that you try to justify spending money for multiple applications. All it will do is give you an RFE...

The bottom line: Multiple applications for one beneficiary are only counted once.

What was proposed was the electronic filing.

I suggest YOU get your facts straight.

The posting in the Federal Register gave insight into how they do things, and that includes that they identify duplicate filings before the lottery. They just enter the info manually into a database. The electronic filing would have simplified that.

It is trivial from that to ensure that duplicate filings are counted only once.

Do you really think USCIS is stupid???

I understand that you try to justify spending money for multiple applications. All it will do is give you an RFE...

The bottom line: Multiple applications for one beneficiary are only counted once.

Haha as I told people with genuine offers don't have to worry about RFEs and I am not trying to justify 

anything just proving you are wrong. 

Bottom Line. 

Multiple petitions for one beneficiary are counted as one after the lottery

Haha as I told people with genuine offers don't have to worry about RFEs and I am not trying to justify 

anything just proving you are wrong. 

Bottom Line. 

Multiple petitions for one beneficiary are counted as one after the lottery

It is very obvious that you are trying to save your behind.

It is people like you that make the H1 harder to get every year.

The bottom line is that multiple applications are only counted as one in the lottery. USCIS has clearly said that they identify multiple applications before the lottery.

Your "whistling in the dark" does not change that. Have fun with RFE and audit...

• 1 month later...

I have solid proof this time. 

This year, two employers applied h1b for me.. Only one got picked up in the lottery, It is approved as well....

And my other employer has received a rejection mail, with all my paper work back. He just informed me.

Please stop misleading people time and again... Just because you have more than 5000 posts on the forum, doesn't make you an expert. Someone can always know better than self.

Archived