Multile H1 for H4

paru51

Looks like attorney had responded, case closed now.

Read again.    Attorney could not confirm how the lottery happens ....  are all petitions for one beneficiary considered as a single entry to the lotto   or  each petition is considered as separate entry.

So  the basic question is still open ... does mutliple filing increase the chance of getting picked in lottery ?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read again.    Attorney could not confirm how the lottery happens ....  are all petitions for one beneficiary considered as a single entry to the lotto   or  each petition is considered as separate entry.

So  the basic question is still open ... does mutliple filing increase the chance of getting picked in lottery ?

It is not really open. From USCIS documents, it can be inferred that multiple applications are counted as one, even if USCIS hasn't explicitly said so.

However, one can infer things what what USCIS has said.

They have said that they identify duplicate filings before the lottery happens. That is documented, in a USCIS document from 2011 in the Federal Register. They have to do this to exclude duplicate filings from one employer, which is illegal.

And it is trivial to then making sure that allowed duplicate filings are only counted once. Even USCIS can do this...

Hence my assertion that duplicate filings are only counted once.

First you could not point to that USCIS document whcih you are referring (though you are never shy to point out at things you can find)

Second,  while USCIS can allow for duplicate filings to be counted only once ,  we do not know if they do that.    It is not what they can do,  it is what they do per their policy.   And as I see here , nobody , including you,  know what their policy is.    So,  it just remains anybodys guess. 

BTW,  long back  , before the lottery days,  I had two H1 .  I was working overseas for a multinational which filed H1 (they used to file for almost everybody at a certain seniority level).  I then quit and joined another who also filed another H1.  I went for stamping with the second H1 and no questions were asked. 

First you could not point to that USCIS document whcih you are referring (though you are never shy to point out at things you can find)

Second,  while USCIS can allow for duplicate filings to be counted only once ,  we do not know if they do that.    It is not what they can do,  it is what they do per their policy.   And as I see here , nobody , including you,  know what their policy is.    So,  it just remains anybodys guess. 

BTW,  long back  , before the lottery days,  I had two H1 .  I was working overseas for a multinational which filed H1 (they used to file for almost everybody at a certain seniority level).  I then quit and joined another who also filed another H1.  I went for stamping with the second H1 and no questions were asked. 

Exactly my point.. Thank you for raising voices , against what is being called certainty, when it is not.

The LAW is online at the USCIS website. Or can't you find that???

Do I really need to spoon-feed you???

Geez.

The bottom line: multiple H1s do NOT increase the chances.

And the numbers are per person.

No Need to spoon feed buddy.

You just state some theories, which are far from Facts and tell them as if you work for USCIS....

It is not really open. From USCIS documents, it can be inferred that multiple applications are counted as one, even if USCIS hasn't explicitly said so.

I wonder why Attorneys could not "infer"  what you could !   All that can be inferred from USCIS doc is that multiple filing for same beneficiary by same employer is counted one  but nothing regarding multiple filing by different employer.   And anyway,  if multiple filing is counted as one,  all these bruhaha about wasting  H1   should probably stop.

I wonder why Attorneys could not "infer"  what you could !

Because I'm not a lawyer ... Just as doctors are more cautious than lay people... They prefer explicit stuff. I am fine with reading between the lines.

I called certain fake "universities" frauds before any lawyer did so. I inferred that they were frauds from their websites.

And some of the owners of these institutions are now on trial or indicted, showing that what I inferred was correct.

You really need to stop stalking me. You only look silly now.

It is clear from USCIS documents that multiple applications are counted as one, even though USCIS hasn't said it explicitly.

Archived