L2 EAD to H1

askb4u

Hi ,

I am currently on L1 and my wife on L2 EAD till 2015.My wife's employer is filing for H1 premium processing this april 2014.I might have to go back in June of 2014 year because my project is getting over.If her H1 visa gets approved in April'14(as it is premium) and she has valid L2 EAD till next year,can she stay back and work for the employer even though i have to leave the country.Or should i stay back till October 1st  and then leave the county.Will her H1 become valid from october 1st for her ?.

please let us know.thank you.

Once your L1 is over, she is no longer on L2 and m ust also leave the US.  Even if you were to remain in the S on B2, she would no longer be on L2 and could not work until Oct 1.

You realize that you would have to be outside the US for a full year before H1B filing to get a 6 year possible term.

Hi ,

I am currently on L1 and my wife on L2 EAD till 2015.My wife's employer is filing for H1 premium processing this april 2014.I might have to go back in June of 2014 year because my project is getting over.If her H1 visa gets approved in April'14(as it is premium) and she has valid L2 EAD till next year,can she stay back and work for the employer even though i have to leave the country.Or should i stay back till October 1st  and then leave the county.Will her H1 become valid from october 1st for her ?.

please let us know.thank you.

The moment you leave US i.e. June 2014 your wife will lose her L2 status and her EAD validity. You need to stay on L1 status till Oct 2013 for her to move to H1B status smoothly.

Archived