H1B Visa Calgary- Visa Approved- Petition not online

vanasthali

Hi,

I attended the interview for my H1B Visa stamping at Calgary on 22nd Jan14. Thanks to all who shared thier exp on the forums here. I will be posting mine soon.

The int went well and my visa was approved. But the consular/interviewer said that my petition was not online and it will be in a day or 2 for it be onlline.Then the passport will be sent to Loomis branch. She said it might 3-5 business days. 

Any body had the same issue before. What does petition was not online mean. Is it because i submitted DS-160 just 2 days before the interview. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Hi,

I attended the interview for my H1B Visa stamping at Calgary on 22nd Jan14. Thanks to all who shared thier exp on the forums here. I will be posting mine soon.

The int went well and my visa was approved. But the consular/interviewer said that my petition was not online and it will be in a day or 2 for it be onlline.Then the passport will be sent to Loomis branch. She said it might 3-5 business days. 

Any body had the same issue before. What does petition was not online mean. Is it because i submitted DS-160 just 2 days before the interview. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. I 

I guess may be because your PIMS is not updated

Hi,

Any body had the same issue before. What does petition was not online mean. Is it because i submitted DS-160 just 2 days before the interview. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Can you share your experience Please

Hi All,

Thanks for you responses. Below is my experience

Went in 10 min earlier to the appointment time. Took cell phone with me..bad idea...DO NOT take anything that is explicitly prohibited in Appt confirmation letter. 

Initially a lady checked my passport and gave a number. Then another lady verified the documents and asked me wait. After an hour my number was up. Below is how it went

VO : Good Morning
ME : Good Morning

Passed my documents (DS-160,I-797,PASSPORT)

VO : Who is your client
ME : XXX Company

VO : Which state do you live in
ME : XX

VO : What is the highest degree u have
ME : BE 

VO : Whats the subject
ME : XXX

VO : Where did you do that
ME : In India

VO : I see xx is employer. How long have been working there
ME : XX time

VO : Are they paying you correctly and on time
ME : yes. No problems

VO : I see they applied for you green card
ME : Yes

VO : Thats great. Did you get the brochure on labor rights
ME : Yes. I got it and read it

VO : Good. I need to make sure you get it. Your visa is approved. Your petition is not online. Will be online by tomm noon. 
        Your visa will be sent to Loomis branch in 3-5 business days
ME : (i asked gently )You said my petition was not online. What does it mean 

VO : Your petition details are not available in the system. It should be updated in a day.
ME : Ok. Thank you.

Hope that helps.

Hi All,

Went in 10 min earlier to the appointment time. Took cell phone with me..bad idea...DO NOT take anything that is explicitly prohibited in Appt confirmation letter. 

Initially a lady checked my passport and gave a number. Then another lady verified the documents and asked me wait. After an hour my number was up. Below is how it went

VO : Good. I need to make sure you get it. Your visa is approved. Your petition is not online. Will be online by tomm noon. 

VO : Your petition details are not available in the system. It should be updated in a day.

Hope that helps.

Yaa.. U see, She said your petition is not Online, That mean, Your PIMS is not updated, So it will take a day or 2 for that to be updated.

Hi All,

Hope that helps.

What time was your Visa Appointment?

Archived