Experience letter from previous employer - Please help!!

Hi All,

Here is my situation. Seeking your advice:

1. I worked with a US employer full-time for 4.5 years. I recently joined another employer and my current employer is going to start my PERM. The lawyers have asked for experience letter from my previous manager on the company letterhead.

2. I have been trying to get the letter from my manger for the last 2 months, but he has not responded to me. I don't know the reason why, because I left in perfectly good terms. 

3. I have a relieving letter from the HR on the letterhead saying my duration of employment start and end dates and my designation. But I suppose the lawyers need a letter detailing my work, which I can only get from my manager.

4. I am going to approach the HR next to see how I can go about getting a letter which lists my detailed experience, but if they will not give it, what are my options?

Has anyone been in a similar situation? What can I do if I don't get a letter from my previous manager or company on the their letterhead stating my technical experiences? Kindly, please advice me based on your experience or what you know. 

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi All,

Here is my situation. Seeking your advice:

1. I worked with a US employer full-time for 4.5 years. I recently joined another employer and my current employer is going to start my PERM. The lawyers have asked for experience letter from my previous manager on the company letterhead.

2. I have been trying to get the letter from my manger for the last 2 months, but he has not responded to me. I don't know the reason why, because I left in perfectly good terms. 

3. I have a relieving letter from the HR on the letterhead saying my duration of employment start and end dates and my designation. But I suppose the lawyers need a letter detailing my work, which I can only get from my manager.

4. I am going to approach the HR next to see how I can go about getting a letter which lists my detailed experience, but if they will not give it, what are my options?

Has anyone been in a similar situation? What can I do if I don't get a letter from my previous manager or company on the their letterhead stating my technical experiences? Kindly, please advice me based on your experience or what you know. 

Thank you very much in advance.

Give a call to your manager and see whether you can speak to him or her and remind the need for experience letter. If it does not work then find a day when your manager will be there in your old office and relatively free with less appointments and pay a casual visit with few treats (on the pretext of celebrating something). Alternatively, try to get in touch with HR like the way you discussed and try to get a detailed experience letter. If nothing of these works then you can get one on official letterhead from your colleague who is currently working in the same project or team.

Archived