Do I qualify for EB2 GC

Hi,

I am currently on OPT extension and my employer is willing to sponsor my H1B visa.

My employer also wants to file my Green Card application, however I was informed that my work exp from my current employer won't be applicable.

I have a 4 years BE Computer Engg degree, then I worked for an employer in India for 1 year 6 months and came to US to do MS in MIS. While doing MS in MIS I also did MBA General Business. I graduated after 3 years and then have been working with my current employer for a year.

Could you please let me know what is the eligibility criteria for Green Card application for a Masters Graduate from US? From my research if you have a 4+2 degree you are eligible to file a GC provided the job requires a Masters degree. So do I stand a chance?

All the help in this regard is much appreciated. Thank you!

From my research if you have a 4+2 degree you are eligible to file a GC provided the job requires a Masters degree.

To correct your understanding, if the job you are in requires that Masters degree and you have a Masters degree from a proper, accredited U.S. university / college, then the employer could potentially sponsor and file for your permanent residency (green card) under the EB-2 preference category based on the job.  You cannot file for permanent residency (green card).

Archived