F1 to H4 stamping, 221g

umamahajan

I went for my H4 stamping to Mumbai consulate today. I was asked about my past PhD thesis work in US, so I explained that. Then she asked how many years was I married so I replied 6 and then she handed the 221g saying I need to email documents. I am confused because 221g form says I need to submit sponsoring organization, resume, intended research purpose, purpose of visit etc. I think I need to provide my husband's documents and not mine 'cuz it is H4 visa. Is this correct? Anyone has any other ideas or previous experience?

Thanks in advance.

I went for my H4 stamping to Mumbai consulate today. I was asked about my past PhD thesis work in US, so I explained that. Then she asked how many years was I married so I replied 6 and then she handed the 221g saying I need to email documents. I am confused because 221g form says I need to submit sponsoring organization, resume, intended research purpose, purpose of visit etc. I think I need to provide my husband's documents and not mine 'cuz it is H4 visa. Is this correct? Anyone has any other ideas or previous experience?

Thanks in advance.

Looks like VO misunderstood that you are currently doing your PhD. Mail US consulate and check it out.

Archived