Job location change-Employer not willing to file H1b Amendment -- HELP

sapist

Hello Everyone,

I am a frequent visitor of this forum and here is my situation.

My H1 was approved with job location stated as East cost in LCA and I have started working on H1b since oct 2013 in west coast location(since I got project in another location).

I have requested my employer to file H1b amendment and he is not willing to file it. My family is going for H4 stamping next month. Would it be a problem ? 

Please suggest . What can I do in these situations. I cannot take risk.

many thanks in advance.

Hello Everyone,

I am a frequent visitor of this forum and here is my situation.

My H1 was approved with job location stated as East cost in LCA and I have started working on H1b since oct 2013 in west coast location(since I got project in another location).

I have requested my employer to file H1b amendment and he is not willing to file it. My family is going for H4 stamping next month. Would it be a problem ? 

Please suggest . What can I do in these situations. I cannot take risk.

many thanks in advance.

I believe only LCA has to be updated as you are working with same client. Talk to your employer's attorney.

You should request your employer to file Amendment before your family goes for stamping. It costs only $325 regular processing or you can do premium for $1225. To be on safe side Amendment should be done. 

its not about the money . he is not willing to do . He is not revealing the reasons behind it.

I have signed a contract with my employer. As per the contract , I have to pay penality if I leave the company with in one year.Also, there is 3 months notice period to serve :( 

Trying to reach company's Attorney . Waiting for his comment.

Am I authorized to contact company lawyer with out employer knowing about it ? 

I have signed a contract with my employer. As per the contract , I have to pay penality if I leave the company with in one year.Also, there is 3 months notice period to serve :( 

But you have a reason for breaking that contract. Your employer is not following the LAW, so you can break that contract at ANY time in order to avoid future immigration issues.

The employer is breaking the contract if he doesn't follow the law, so you would be free to change jobs.

The attorney works for the employer not you. You need to engage your own attorney for the best advice.

But you have a reason for breaking that contract. Your employer is not following the LAW, so you can break that contract at ANY time in order to avoid future immigration issues.

The employer is breaking the contract if he doesn't follow the law, so you would be free to change jobs.

How can i change my jobs now ? Can I apply for H!B transfer with out correcting the old one  ?

I am guessing employer wants to restrict me in chaging jobs by just not filing H1b amendment. Can I apply for H1 transfer now ?

How can i change my jobs now ? Can I apply for H!B transfer with out correcting the old one  ?

I am guessing employer wants to restrict me in chaging jobs by just not filing H1b amendment. Can I apply for H1 transfer now ?

You can change your employer at ANY time. Just do it without letting your current employer.

• 3 weeks later...

If the employer does not file an H1 amendment, the employer is breaking the contract.

Find another employer, one who understands the law.

• 6 months later...

Archived