Travelling to Home Country after H1B Stamping in Canada

nani_ketr

Hello Everyone,

I got my first H1B Visa Stamped in Canada Last week successfully and I am planning to go to India next week. I heard that there might be an issue at the Port Of Entry while coming back, officers asking questions like "when you planned to go to India so soon why didnt you planned for the Visa stamping there in India, instead why did yo went to Canada".... etc

Is it true that the Officers in Port Of Entry might ask these type of questions?

And also I heard that, its better to land in the employers city than any other Cities....?

Please do let me know, folks.

Thanks

Nani

Hello Everyone,

I got my first H1B Visa Stamped in Canada Last week successfully and I am planning to go to India next week. I heard that there might be an issue at the Port Of Entry while coming back, officers asking questions like "when you planned to go to India so soon why didnt you planned for the Visa stamping there in India, instead why did yo went to Canada".... etc

Is it true that the Officers in Port Of Entry might ask these type of questions?

And also I heard that, its better to land in the employers city than any other Cities....?

Please do let me know, folks.

Thanks

Nani

Whatever you heard are completely wrong.

I heard that there might be an issue at the Port Of Entry while coming back, officers asking questions like "when you planned to go to India so soon why didnt you planned for the Visa stamping there in India, instead why did yo went to Canada".... etc

They might ask ANY question, so just tell the truth and you are good to go...!!!!

Archived