Any 221g Cases Toronto in 2014

Parker

DKHS,

I don't remember the guy's name. He was wearing a suit with a tie and a clean bald head guy.

No updates. My attorneys emailed all the H1B petition documentation that was submitted to USCIS to the consulate on Monday. I got a response on Tuesday saying still processing. Planning to go visit the consulate sometime next week.

Would you like to meet next week at the consulate with me? Please let me know. Do you have any updates?

Hello,

Sure, we can meet infornt of consulate around 1 pm on next Tue (02/18/14).

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DKHS,

I don't remember the guy's name. He was wearing a suit with a tie and a clean bald head guy.

No updates. My attorneys emailed all the H1B petition documentation that was submitted to USCIS to the consulate on Monday. I got a response on Tuesday saying still processing. Planning to go visit the consulate sometime next week.

Would you like to meet next week at the consulate with me? Please let me know. Do you have any updates?

By the way, did the consular asked for the H1B petition document? Otherwise, why did you guys emailed the petition.

DKHS,

Tuesday at 1PM near the consulate sounds good to me.

The officer didn't ask me for my petition. But, reading other forum posts, I decided to prove the confidence level of my case. There is no loss what so ever. So, I asked my attorney to email the consulate. They did. Now everyone knows who is who and there are no pending documents in my case of any sort. Rather than waiting for them to ask you documents, just go ahead and submit them. You never know how are they going to help.

The moderators are updating the posts slowly. But, anyways, please stay in touch with this post. I will let you know on Monday evening on how to recognize each other at the consulate when we meet on Tuesday.

DKHS,

Tuesday at 1PM near the consulate sounds good to me.

The officer didn't ask me for my petition. But, reading other forum posts, I decided to prove the confidence level of my case. There is no loss what so ever. So, I asked my attorney to email the consulate. They did. Now everyone knows who is who and there are no pending documents in my case of any sort. Rather than waiting for them to ask you documents, just go ahead and submit them. You never know how are they going to help.

The moderators are updating the posts slowly. But, anyways, please stay in touch with this post. I will let you know on Monday evening on how to recognize each other at the consulate when we meet on Tuesday.

Sure, we can meet on Tue at 1 pm. I will wearing a yellow jacket and a green head cap. Let me know how I can recognize you. 

I noticed on post update that people who had 221 g + resume request got clearance between 17 to 21 days. Hope that we will get the clearance next week.

Sure, we can meet on Tue at 1 pm. I will wearing a yellow jacket and a green head cap. Let me know how I can recognize you. 

I noticed on post update that people who had 221 g + resume request got clearance between 17 to 21 days. Hope that we will get the clearance next week.

Dear DKHS,

I will be wearing a black jeans and black jacket with brown leather shoes.

There is a small bus-stop kind of a thing right in front of the consulate's entrance where some sort of construction is taking place. I will be there.

See you tomorrow.

Dear DKHS,

There is a small bus-stop kind of a thing right in front of the consulate's entrance where some sort of construction is taking place. I will be there.

See you tomorrow.

Sure, I will see you today at 1 pm. I am wearing yellow jacket and blue jeans and a brown shoes. 

I also got same questions, who is Consular officer? Is it Jeffrey? You can see their seal on yellow form. Byt the way, any updates?

Hi,

For me also Jeffrey... with similar kinda questions.....  find the below timeline..for me... hope this helps you guys to estimate your timelines....

Interview : 23 Dec 13 (result : green slip/ requested resume via email/ kept i797/ returned passport/ told it takes 1 month time)
sent 1st email asking update : 10 Jan 14 - received standard response on 14 Jan 2014
sent 2nd email asking update : 24 Jan 14 - no reply received but received a clearance email later
clearance email : 27 Jan 14
Passport Drop : 28 Jan 14
1st CEAC update : 28 Jan 14 ( just date changed - Still AP)
2nd CEAC update : 29 Jan 14 ( Status changed to issued)
Passport Pickup : 30 Jan 14

All the best.... Good luck

Dear DKHS,

See you tomorrow.

Hi toronto_waiter<

I went to consulate office to inquire about the status around  1 pm, and it is still AP.  I waited infront of the consulate for 30 minutes before I left. I couldn't see you there,, may be you got delayed

. Anyway,   you can call me to my phone number;;,,,,647XXX785XXX2488

my case got cleared on 27th Jan...below are the time lines....

Interview : 23 Dec 13 (result : green slip/ requested resume via email/ kept i797/ returned passport/ told it takes 1 month time)
sent 1st email asking update : 10 Jan 14 - received standard response on 14 Jan 2014
sent 2nd email asking update : 24 Jan 14 - no reply received but received a clearance email
clearance email : 27 Jan 14
Passport Drop : 28 Jan 14
1st CEAC update : 28 Jan 14 ( just date changed - Still AP)
2nd CEAC update : 29 Jan 14 ( Status changed to issued)
Passport Pickup : 30 Jan 14

Hi Parker, 

Have you noticed any change in application update date on your case before you get the clearance email?

Stuck for 20 days as of now.

Feb 6th  Thu : Interview  - (gave back the passport and said it may take more than three weeks to process, Did not give any slip. VO was young American in 30's.He only had my I-797)

Feb 11th Tue : Got a mail from FPU requesting to submit H1 petition related documents

Feb 12th Wed: Replied to the above mail with all the documents attached in zip folder.

Feb 17th Mon: sent a mail to FPU asking for acknowledgment that they had received the documents.

Feb 18th Tue: sent a mail again for acknowledgment 

Feb  20th Thu: Got a mail that they dint receive the documents so I submitted the documents again but this time in person

CEAC status/date has never changed since the interview.

No update since then. I think when sending the documents through email, we should not zip them. Maybe zipped folders are not received due to security reasons.

I hope there is some news this week!

Hello all,

Myself and DKHS has met at the consulate today.

I got an email earlier today and DKHS's passport was requested to be dropped after he spoke with the lady at the window at the consulate.

No client calls. No employer verification or anything.

Feb 6th - Interview and Docs sent

Feb.7th - Attorney sent my entire H1B packet.

Multiple email in between. Got a response saying still processing.

Feb 25th - Email received. Passport submitted

Will pick on the 27th.

21 days including 4 weekends and 1 federal holiday.

Good luck all of you.

@toronto_waiter & @DKHS 

Has ur CEAC status/date change? if yes what r the dates when it changed?

I got passport with visa today. Total wait period: exact 3 weeks. FYI: I know torontowaiter also got his clearance on Feb 25th, 2014

Here is the timeline for me.

Interview date: 02/05/14. 

Asked general question, what I do? Where ? Salary? Married? how long? Told me that he is recommending for visa but there is necessary administrative processing which would take about 3 to 4 weeks. Asked me to submit resume and also description about the conference or business.

I did n't find any changes on CEAC website, went to ask for a status on 02/25/14 at consulate window. She asked me to submit a passport

Status update; 02/25/14

Issued: 02/27/14.,,, picked up the passport

MY ADVICE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE WAITING FOR THE CONSULATE CLEARNACE EMAIL, JUST GO AND ASK FOR YOUR STATUS AT THE CONSULATE WINDOW. In my case, I didn't receive any clearance email. 

I hope to all of them, who are waiting for their clearance, would get soon.

I know TorontoWaiter also got a clearance email on 02/25/14.

My case stuck for 27 days as of now.

Feb 6th  Thu : Interview  - (gave back the passport and said it may take more than three weeks to process, Did not give any slip. VO was young American in 30's.He only had my I-797)

Feb 11th Tue : Got a mail from FPU requesting to submit H1 petition related documents

Feb 12th Wed: Replied to the above mail with all the documents attached in zip folder.

Feb 17th Mon: sent a mail to FPU asking for acknowledgment that they had received the documents.

Feb 18th Tue: sent a mail again for acknowledgment 

Feb  20th Thu: Got a mail that they dint receive the documents so I submitted the documents again but this time in person

( I think when sending the documents through email, we should not zip them. Maybe zipped folders are not received due to security reasons.)

Feb 26th Wed: Got a mail asking for job letter from end client.

Feb 27th Thu: Submitted the docs through email and also in person.

Feb 28th Fri:  Client was contacted.

No update since then.

CEAC status/date has never changed since the interview.

I have also updated my case in checkee website.

Is there anyone having similar scenario like mine ( Asked for h1petition docs and then for client letter)?

Please let me know.

Hi @harish41567, @ Toronto2014

My case is very similar to yours. Details below - 

March 10, Mon:Interview  - 

The VO gave back the passport and said it may take up to a month to process my case as he wanted to do some more checks on my employer. Did not give any slip. VO was young American in 30's.He only had my I-797.

Please let me know if you guys have any new update

Hi Everyone 

I am stuck in Toronto while my visa application is undergoing AP and it may take up to a month or more. I had a single entry Canadian Tourist visa. 

Now I am planning to go to India while the AP is going on in Toronto and come back to Canada when the H1B visa is issued/stamped. So I will have to get a new Canadian Tourist visa from India to come back once I get the confirmation email. 

- 1) How difficult is it to get a Canadian Tourist visa from India? (provided I have the visa issued confirmation email). It takes around 2 weeks to get the Canadian Tourist visa from India.

- 2) Within how many days of the confirmation email do I have to submit my passport at the US Consulate Toronto? (2weeks/30days/60days/90days). 

-3) What happens if I am not able to submit my passport in the requested time frame (2weeks/30days etc.)? Does my status change to AP again? Do I have to apply all over again?

Any thoughts/opinions/suggestions are welcomed.

• 1 month later...

Archived