Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kauphy

H1 - H4 Urgent help!!!

Recommended Posts

h1b extension is denied on jan 10th, 2013, and i think i  am out of status as of today, i want to file h4 petition on Monday as now its weekend, am i eligible to file H4 petition under extraordinary circumstances exception and get a receipt notice for that, will I still be considered out of status or in-status now that I have the H4 receipt notice

 

2. While the H4 petition is in pending state and I move back to India, if the petition gets denied, will that have any affect on my future H4 petition if I decide to go for consular processing for H4 visa after 1 year in India

 

3. Will the denial of H4 petitions have any affect on my spouse H1 visa or her Green Card processing in anyway

 

4. In your opinion, is it better to just leave the country next week or go ahead and file the H4 petition immediately.

 

Please let me know.

Share this post


Link to post

We are in similar situation. Pls let us know what your attorney advised.

 

h1b extension is denied on jan 10th, 2013, and i think i  am out of status as of today, i want to file h4 petition on Monday as now its weekend, am i eligible to file H4 petition under extraordinary circumstances exception and get a receipt notice for that, will I still be considered out of status or in-status now that I have the H4 receipt notice
 
2. While the H4 petition is in pending state and I move back to India, if the petition gets denied, will that have any affect on my future H4 petition if I decide to go for consular processing for H4 visa after 1 year in India
 
3. Will the denial of H4 petitions have any affect on my spouse H1 visa or her Green Card processing in anyway
 
4. In your opinion, is it better to just leave the country next week or go ahead and file the H4 petition immediately.
 
Please let me know.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

 

h1b extension is denied on jan 10th, 2013, and i think i  am out of status as of today, i want to file h4 petition on Monday as now its weekend, am i eligible to file H4 petition under extraordinary circumstances exception and get a receipt notice for that, will I still be considered out of status or in-status now that I have the H4 receipt notice
 
2. While the H4 petition is in pending state and I move back to India, if the petition gets denied, will that have any affect on my future H4 petition if I decide to go for consular processing for H4 visa after 1 year in India
 
3. Will the denial of H4 petitions have any affect on my spouse H1 visa or her Green Card processing in anyway
 
4. In your opinion, is it better to just leave the country next week or go ahead and file the H4 petition immediately.
 
Please let me know.

 

1. Yes, it is ok. A few days will not affect your COS to H4 application.

2. No.

3. No.

4. It is your choice.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×