Hushand changing job on H1B, Wife waiting for PD to be Current

I have my I-140 approved and my GC priority date under EB2 category is 3rd July, 2007, since the visa bulletin has shown some positive advancement in recent months so I am hopeful that my PD will be current in Aug-11 or Sep-11 bulletin. My husband’s name is still to be added on my GC application during the 3rd stage of my GC process.

My husband is on his own H1-B visa and currently changing job. His new employer is filing his H1-B visa transfer under regular processing, which will take 3 months for the approval. He will be joining the new company on the receipt notice and will wait for the H1-B approval. During his wait time if my Green Card PD gets current, I can still add his name irrespective of his pending H1-B approval?

What documents he will require to get added on my GC application.

Thanks in advance.

please consult a lawyer.

you don't really add somebody on your GC process, your spouse will be eligible to apply I-485 AOS as your derivative applicant when your PD becomes current.

Originally posted by cool_79_cool_79:

I have my I-140 approved and my GC priority date under EB2 category is 3rd July, 2007, since the visa bulletin has shown some positive advancement in recent months so I am hopeful that my PD will be current in Aug-11 or Sep-11 bulletin. My husband’s name is still to be added on my GC application during the 3rd stage of my GC process.

My husband is on his own H1-B visa and currently changing job. His new employer is filing his H1-B visa transfer under regular processing, which will take 3 months for the approval. He will be joining the new company on the receipt notice and will wait for the H1-B approval. During his wait time if my Green Card PD gets current, I can still add his name irrespective of his pending H1-B approval?

What documents he will require to get added on my GC application.

Thanks in advance.

Archived