All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
H1Dreamer

***Tracker for MTR/Appeal on H1B denied cases***

Hello All,

My case status got updated as below.

On January 22, 2015, we reopened your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EAC1413450213, and mailed you a notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your reopening notice by February 21, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

In the Next Steps column it is showing as below

We will mail our decision to you. The notice will explain any action you need to take. 

Any idea of what is happening?

My Case is also like same thing,

On December 8, 2014, they reopened my case. My attorney told that we need to wait untill decision is made. there is no time limit on this. but mostly they are getting decisions within 90 days of reopening the case , if not we should raise a service request.

Hope it will approve. Fingers crossed.

I am adding my details below

Case Type : Appeal I290B

Center: Vermont Service Center

Date Applied : November 12, 2014

Current Status: Initial Review

Please let me know if any one's has approved, who's appeal was on Nov 12 2014.

Still waiting for an update.

Sailing on the same boat... MTR applied on November 10, 2014 and no updates after that. Have you old receipt # has reopened? If yes, can you let me know the date of reopen...

Hi

I have applied H1B for 2014. my visa got picked and I got RFE and later my employer answered the RFE. but got denial status. In dec 2014 he applied for I290B and still I didn't got any update. My concern is that how soon I get the update on I290B and also can I apply H1b again for this year I mean 2015 April.

Can someone please help me on this.

Thanks in advance,

Swapna

I opened MTR on Nov 2013 and after 15 months long wait my I-129 status got updated yesterday( see below) and 290b status still shows initial review.

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity 

On February 2, 2015, we reopened your Form I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, Receipt Number EAC*******, and mailed you a notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your reopening notice by March 4, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.  

I opened MTR on Nov 2013 and after 15 months long wait my I-129 status got updated yesterday( see below) and 290b status still shows initial review.

On February 2, 2015, we reopened your Form I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, Receipt Number EAC*******, and mailed you a notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your reopening notice by March 4, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.  

Good to hear that you H1 case got reopened... ALL THE BEST.

BTW, why it is showing under Post Decision Activity when there is no decision taken yet? 

@sankmr @sandeep thanks for the info n wishes

@swapna According to my lawyer "Yes you can".

@vreddy439 Good luck

@sankmr I guess they treat "Reopening the case" as a post decision activity too. I received the similar matter in the email notification and when I checked the status in the website it showed "Case was reopened".

Why Post Decision Activity

Honeb88,

It means your appeal has been filed and the case transferred to AAO for processing. It means they are reviewing your case again. I am still in the same status for 10 months now. My h1b got denied in March 2014 and appeal was done in April. From April 2014 my both receipt numbers show the same status.

Good news... After long long wait my dream comes true.

My employer got approval notice but the both status(0ld and new receipt) was not updated.

All the best guys.  

Good news... After long long wait my dream comes true.

My employer got approval notice but the both status(0ld and new receipt) was not updated.

All the best guys.  

Congratulations Mr. Reddy :) For such long painful wait, you received Fruitful fruit... Enjoy and All the Best :)

@harry1981,

Thanks for the reply and I feel sorry for your case. My old and new reciept numbers says the same..case has been transferred..no idea what's happening and how long it takes.hoping for the best.. :)

Hello all, please let me know if I can request my attorney to raise a service request now. 90 days since my MTR is applied.

Also some one tell me wheter my case is MTR or Appeal. I have new receipt number for this case from employer.

Please let me know raising service is usefully. are there any cases which got update on raising service request.

Thanks in advance.

Congrats for all who got approvals...

Guys i have the Update.

My old case has 

On February 14, 2015, we denied your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number xxx. We mailed you a decision notice that explains why we denied your case and your options. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your denial notice by March 1, 2015, please go towww.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

My New case status: 

On February 14, 2015, we approved your Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal to the Commissioner, Receipt Number XXX. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Now i am little bit confused, i dont know whether my h1b is approved or denied. My employer did not got any news.

I am confused. Could anyone know these situation like this. is my h1 approved ?.

Guys....

Aft MTR filed, My status has been changed as below on Dec 22nd, 2014

On December 22, 2015, we transferred your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WAC#, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by January 21, 2015,

But again status has been changed with same content with different dates to Jan 14 like below

On January 14, 2015, we transferred your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WAC#, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by February 13, 2015,

No idea... What s happening in the bg.. any guess???

Did you get any update on your case?

@harry1981,

Thanks for the reply and I feel sorry for your case. My old and new reciept numbers says the same..case has been transferred..no idea what's happening and how long it takes.hoping for the best.. :)

They say the processing is immediate and they try to clear out in 6 months maximum. Now I have entered 11th month no sign. I have been tracking AAO decisions and see that some cases have taken 2-3 years. So kind of not following the case anymore.

Hello All,

I Work for Company A at the Client Location. through Vendor A and my Employer.

I applied H1-B  on April 1st 2014.

Got RFE on MAY 6 2014 :

Reason : Employer did a wrong filing , included two work orders Company A and B.

Moreover work order from company A , does not state the duration of the project nor specify the work to be perform.No Client Letter

My employer responded to RFE. and Got RFE Denial : August 6 2014

Reason : Work order between company A and Vendor A , states my work start date is sep 22 2013. however it does not state the duration of the project. and there is not evidence that work assignment exists between Company A and End Client. My project description says " Project functionality is fully functional and is used by workers"  This information cast doubt upon my work necessity in the project.

We opened MTR again with following docs Sep 3rd 2014.

• screenshot from vendor A stating the project extension valid up to august 2015.
  • Email given by my manager
  • Agreement between company A and Client.

MTR Denied on Feb 14 2015.

My manager has two email address One from Company A and Other from Client.

He email id says <XXXX Contractor>. USCIS Denied this email saying that he is not authorized representative of Client. ( Even though he stated i work for the Client )

Additionally , the work order has the start date but don't have the duration of project.

Also, agreement between the company and A and client, does not have the term of project.

i.e duration i guess.

Further more, the record does not says, at the time of filling   a valid work arrangement existed between client and company A, Client to provide beneficiary service through out the requested validity period.

I don't know what to do now.

My manager refused to keep the email from company A email id . 

Company A is  not giving the client letter.

I only have the the extra document saying the client has an agreement with Company A. until June 2018. ( I got this document after filing the MTR thats y did not inlcuded in MTR. )

What is the best available option for me 

Join another job and file New H1 ? At this time. :(

Continue in the same project and re Apply MTR?

Thanks for reading and waiting for the reply.