All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
H1Dreamer

***Tracker for MTR/Appeal on H1B denied cases***

Please look over my case for New H1-B 2014 and help. 
On 18-Jul-14 Received RFE

1. On 10-Oct-14 RFE Responded & Received 
  2. On 2-Dec-14 Premium Processing 
  3. On 4-Dec-14 Denial notice due to expired MSA and SOW 
  4. On 30-Dec-14 Filed MTR with valid MSA(Valid till 31-Dec-15) and SOW(valid till 30-June-15)

What are the chances to get my petition approved?

Hello all,

Good news! My petition got approved in Jan 14, 2015. Here are the details and the timeline:

Initial petition denied due to lack of client letter, relevant work experience with degree and E-E relationship:

Denial date: Oct 14th, 2014

MTR applied: Nov 14th, 2014

Old case number reopened on Dec 12th, 2014

MTR approved on Jan 13th, 2015

I129 approval on Jan 14th,2015..

No words to express how happy I am! All the best for everyone waiting for approvals. Om sai ram!

@h1b-denied.. Am also in the same boat. My petition also showing the same content but my receipt# starts with WAC. My petition status changed on December 23, 2014. Please let me know if your petition changed to any other status.

Thanks.

My status is still the same. i received the new receipt no and both old and new reciept have the same status. Let m eknow when your status changes. I will keep you posted.

Hello all,

My H1 b got denied on specialty occupation reason, my employer applied MTR on nov 18 . My employer is not sharing the new reciept number. My old reciept shows the below status. Can anyone let me know what does this mean. Is my case got re-opened or not am in confusion.

On December 8, 2014, we transferred your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WAC#, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by January 7, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Hello all,

My H1 b got denied on specialty occupation reason, my employer applied MTR on nov 18 . My employer is not sharing the new reciept number. My old reciept shows the below status. Can anyone let me know what does this mean. Is my case got re-opened or not am in confusion.

On December 8, 2014, we transferred your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WAC#, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by January 7, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Hi,

Per my knowledge,The case has been transferred to another office and it doesn't mean that case has been reopened.

Guys....

Aft MTR filed, My status has been changed as below on Dec 22nd, 2014

On December 22, 2015, we transferred your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WAC#, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by January 21, 2015,

But again status has been changed with same content with different dates to Jan 14 like below

On January 14, 2015, we transferred your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WAC#, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by February 13, 2015,

No idea... What s happening in the bg.. any guess???

Hello all,

Good news! My petition got approved in Jan 14, 2015. Here are the details and the timeline:

Initial petition denied due to lack of client letter, relevant work experience with degree and E-E relationship:

Denial date: Oct 14th, 2014

MTR applied: Nov 14th, 2014

Old case number reopened on Dec 12th, 2014

MTR approved on Jan 13th, 2015

I129 approval on Jan 14th,2015..

No words to express how happy I am! All the best for everyone waiting for approvals. Om sai ram!

Hi Sandhya,

Congrats on your MTR & I-129 approval.

Is yours a  Fresh H1B 2015?

Did you get a new Petition/EAC/ Receipt number for the MTR filed?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Hello All,

Firstly, Congratulations to all who were unlucky and got lucky through MTR approvals.

I also travel in the same state and below are the details:

1. On 07-Oct-14 Denial notice in regards to the reason of Specialty occupation
  2. On 10-Nov-14 MTR raised and New receipt number issued

From then there are no change of status both in Old and New receipt numbers. I can see people whose MTRs are raised after Nov 10th,  got reopened and got decisions too for few.. not sure why its getting delayed in my case... Is their any one who is in the same situation???

Please respond? Lets hope for the best... Thanks

Hello All,

Firstly, Congratulations to all who were unlucky and got lucky through MTR approvals.

From then there are no change of status both in Old and New receipt numbers. I can see people whose MTRs are raised after Nov 10th,  got reopened and got decisions too for few.. not sure why its getting delayed in my case... Is their any one who is in the same situation???

Hi,

I applied MTR on September 4th and there is no change of status for old and new receipt numbers.

Thanks

My H1B was denied due to E-E relationship

RFE date: May 21, 2014.

RFE Response Date: June 30, 2014.

Denial: September 29, 2014.

MTR Filed on: November 1, 2014.

My new receipt number shows the below status:

On December 22, 2014, we transferred your Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal to the Commissioner, Receipt Number EACXXXXXX, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by January 21, 2015

My Old Receipt number still shows old denial message. Reading other posts, it looks like old receipt number was also updated. Is there any timeline as when will be my old receipt number will be updated with latest info and do you know how long it is going to take from here on. Your help is much appreciated.

Hi,

I applied MTR on September 4th and there is no change of status for old and new receipt numbers.

Thanks

Hi Sandeep,

What was your denial reason? Have you or you employer got chance to call USCIS for the status as it is more than 90 days...

Thanks 

Hi Sandeep,

What was your denial reason? Have you or you employer got chance to call USCIS for the status as it is more than 90 days...

Thanks 

I called my attorney to raise a service request but they told me that it needs at least 6 months to raise a service request. Denial reason is my education is not related to current job.

Hello All,

Seems there is no time limit for MTR.., I'm waiting over 14 months :( applied on Nov 2013 still the status is at initial review. 

I called my attorney to raise a service request but they told me that it needs at least 6 months to raise a service request. Denial reason is my education is not related to current job.

I think you can follow up after 90 days not necessarily 6 months. If you look through some of the earlier posts on this forum or another MTR forum on murthy there are some examples from ppl who raised SR themselves

Hello All,

The usual time of response if 3 months. If you do not see any updates by then you can have your employer raise a service request.

The usual time of response if 3 months. If you do not see any updates by then you can have your employer raise a service request.

Yeah i have to request for the same. But looking at few cases, it seems it takes more time than 3 months time. 

Hello All,

I am on the same boat as many of you. I am posting the timeline of updates.

July 2 2014: H1 Denied

July 16 2014: Opened MTR

July 23 2014: Received receipt stating Case was received.

Below are the statuses of both receipts.

Old receipt: On July 2, 2014, we denied your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EAC1413450213. We mailed you a decision notice that explains why we denied your case and your options. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your denial notice by July 17, 2014, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

New receipt: On July 23, 2014, we received your Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal to the Commissioner, Receipt Number EAC1490268276, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by August 22, 2014, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

It has been in the Initial review since July 23.

My attorney requested for update since it has been 6 months. Received a I-797C, Notice of Action. Below is the information in that notice.

"This courtesy notice is to advise you of action taken on this case. The official notice has been mailed to authorized representative. Any relevant documentation included in the notice was also mailed as part of the official notice.

I hit the send button fast.

Continuation of I797-C information in the previous post

"After review we have decided to treat the appeal filed in the above case as a Service motion to reopen or Service motion to reconsider. You will receive a notice under separate cover once all action has been completed"

What to expect? I am confused because status of both receipts are same since 6 months.

Hello All,

My case status got updated as below.

On January 22, 2015, we reopened your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EAC1413450213, and mailed you a notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your reopening notice by February 21, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

In the Next Steps column it is showing as below

We will mail our decision to you. The notice will explain any action you need to take. 

Any idea of what is happening?

Hello All,

On January 22, 2015, we reopened your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EAC1413450213, and mailed you a notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your reopening notice by February 21, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

We will mail our decision to you. The notice will explain any action you need to take. 

Good that you case got reopened... So far I understand, there are two steps once you request for MTR...

Step 1: They will re-open your old case are start looking into it.

Step 2: Based on your application and other documents along with MTR, they will analyse and take decision. 

Not sure as how much time they might take to give the decision. ALL THE BEST :)

Hello All,

I think you will hear a decision soon in your case. All the best.

I am adding my details below

Case Type : Appeal I290B

Center: Vermont Service Center

Date Applied : November 12, 2014

Current Status: Initial Review

Please let me know if any one's has approved, who's appeal was on Nov 12 2014.

Still waiting for an update.