All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
H1Dreamer

***Tracker for MTR/Appeal on H1B denied cases***

Hello All,

i have applied for i290B notice of appeal on Sep 3rd 2014...and received the new reciept number after a week...

i just checked the old receipt number today and found the below status...but my new receipt number still shows as initial review...Req for help..

Old receipt status:

Post Decision Activity

On November 5, 2014, we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

Hi All,

April  2013- H1b Applied

July 2013 - Got rfe on client letter.

Sep13 - Replied without Client letter and provided manager emails( my client will not provide letter for contractors)

Oct 13 - Denied ( Reason: Client letter & E-E relation)

Nov 13 - Opened MTR i290b with client letter ( after denial my client provided the letter and some other documents for e-e relation ) 

Still waiting and the status of 290b is in initial review almost one year..Damnn. Not sure how much time USCIS needed to tell the decision. 

Any one is there waiting over an year ? 

i290B notice of appeal case status changed to approved.

Hi Friends,

I was tracking my new case status today and i see the status as My case got Approved.

on Nov 24th, 2014 we approved your Form I-290B, Notice of appeal to the commissioner, Receipt num xxx, we will mail your approval notice. please follow instructions in the notice. 

my old case shows as i129B has been reopened...

I believe this indicates my H1B got approved correct ?

Hey....I would think so but not sure. last few cases have seen them update status on the new case number rather than old one like before. Let us know when you know. maybe you can have your employer call them n check.

hi h1b_visa5454,

What was the reason for your initial denial? And What did you have to provide in the appeal?  Approximately how long it took and how many times did you have to follow up?

thanks!

This is very confusing...the parallegal from murthy law firm says..having I-290B as approved doesn't mean a H1B approval..can any one please help...

Dear Nag,

Thank you for the update.   The case status means that the Motion to Reopen your underlying H1B petition was approved.   Unfortunately, a case status that says that the I-290B was approved does not necessarily mean that the underlying H1B will be approved.   I checked the case status for the underlying H1B petition (using the older receipt number) and it does not appear that a decision has been made regarding whether your H1B petition will be approved, although it does acknowledge that your case was reopened.

Please feel free to take a look at the case status for the underlying H1B petition on the USCIS website and let me know if you have any questions.   Thank you!

This is very confusing...the parallegal from murthy law firm says..having I-290B as approved doesn't mean a H1B approval..can any one please help...

An approved I-290B means that the government is willing to re-review the underlying case. So, in a situation where an H1B petition has been denied, an approved I-290B means that the government will re-adjudicate the previously denied H1B.

Also, based on your message, it appears you a client of the Murthy Law Firm. If that is true, you are encouraged to address any legal questions you have to your attorney. You can either send him or her a message via the HUB, or you can schedule a time to speak to the attorney by phone, in person, or Skype. All Murthy Law Firm attorneys set aside a minimum of 2 hours each business day to speak with clients, and, as an existing client, there would be no additional charges for you to speak with your attorney about your case.

@gremlin

The reason for my initial denial is my petition is not eligible for specialty occupation. 

I have then consulted Murthy Law Firm and they helped me by providing additional documentation, SOW and affidavits from my employer, client as well..

i have filed my MTR/Appeal on Sep 3rd 2014...and we haven't reached USCIS till now for the update.

Guys,

I Got Denial of MY H1b for the EE relationship and no client letter.

My employer opened MTR with additional letter and email from my lead saying we cannot issue client letters. instead they gave the work orders.  which is included.

MTR opened sep 3rd

Status Changed on Old Reciept Dec 9th. : "On December 8, 2014, we reopened your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number XXX, and mailed you a notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your reopening notice by January 7, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschangeto give us your new mailing address."

Stautus on New Reciept : same as initial review.

I dont know whether it is approved or not. waiting for the decision fingers crossed.

Guys,

My employer opened MTR with additional letter and email from my lead saying we cannot issue client letters. instead they gave the work orders.  which is included.

MTR opened sep 3rd

Status Changed on Old Reciept Dec 9th. : "On December 8, 2014, we reopened your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number XXX, and mailed you a notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your reopening notice by January 7, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschangeto give us your new mailing address."

I dont know whether it is approved or not. waiting for the decision fingers crossed.

Hi Lavan, Did you get any update on your MTR?

Guys,

MTR opened sep 3rd

Its not approved, your denied 1-129 was reopened and they will review your documents that you provided with 1290b. Just wait for the decision.. probably it'll take more than a month i guess. 

Hi Guys,

I appealed on 10/24/2014 ( I290B). Service Center: California. MTR Opened on Oct 24,14 with new receipt number. But, on Dec 18, 2014, status for my old receipt ( which was denied ) has been changed:

"On December 18, 2014, we reopened your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number XXXXXX, and mailed you a notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your reopening notice by January 17, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

My New case has status of "Initial review" still. What does this mean? Any ideas?  Why is old case updated now even after denial?

Guys,

MTR opened sep 3rd

@lavan76....Any update on your MTR. My Case is same as yours. 

I Got Denial of H1b for the EE relationship and no client letter.

My employer has filed an appeal in the end of October. My employer has not yet shared the new reciept number. But when i check my old reciept. The status says:

On November 23, 2014, we transferred your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EAC14XXXXXX, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by December 23, 2014,

Any idea what this status mean? and has anyone else got the same status?

@Karthik & lavan, Any update on your case? Even mine shows reopened on Dec12th, California Service Center.

Last year, when the case used to get reopened, they usually used to update immediately or within a week on 290B . Don't know how they will process this year.

@h1b-denied.. Am also in the same boat. My petition also showing the same content but my receipt# starts with WAC. My petition status changed on December 23, 2014. Please let me know if your petition changed to any other status.

Thanks.

i290B notice of appeal case status changed to approved.

Hi Friends,

I was tracking my new case status today and i see the status as My case got Approved.

on Nov 24th, 2014 we approved your Form I-290B, Notice of appeal to the commissioner, Receipt num xxx, we will mail your approval notice. please follow instructions in the notice. 

my old case shows as i129B has been reopened...

I believe this indicates my H1B got approved correct ?

h1b_visa5454

I think you appeal/MTR go accepted. This does not mean that your H1B petition is approved.

Did you get any updates after this?

Hello everyone,

I just got to knew about this thread and got to knew about this just at the right time when I am sailing in the same boat as of all of you. 

First of all congratulations to everyone who got their MTRs approved. 

Below is the status for the old receipt number as well as the new receipt number and I would appreciate the feedback on what exactly my status should be, based on the statuses below: 

Old Receipt # : On October 30, 2014, we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

New Receipt #: On October 30, 2014, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER. The notice explains why the denial decision was made and the options that may be available to you. If you have not received this notice within 15 days of October 30, 2014, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance.

Thanks in advance!

Tina1988,

Did you check with your attorney?