All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
H1Dreamer

***Tracker for MTR/Appeal on H1B denied cases***

Hi Everyone,

I got an RFE to submit additional documentation and later H-1b was denied stating a reason as SOW is not being submitted, but we have submitted the SOW during the RFE. So my employer had informed me that he will be filing an MTR stating that MTR was included in the bundle of RFE response documents.

My employer said he had filed MTR on September 9th and still didn't receive a receipt number.

Also, he does not know about the time frame when the new receipt number will be obtained.

How soon do we get a new receipt number for a motion to reopen on denied-H1B? please help!

Thanks in advance

Case status updated to -  Case Was Relocated From Administrative Appeals Office To USCIS Originating Office. On January 9, 2020, the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO) transferred your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, to the USCIS office that made the original decision on your case. That office will mail you our decision or send you a request if it needs something from you.

Not sure how to interpret this update. 

how long it took for you to get the decision from AAO? Because mine was appealed in Aug 2019 and still waiting for the update.

Below is my entire process

Applied H1b - April 2019

RFE Received - July 8th 2019

RFE Response(updated to Premium Processing) - Oct 4th 2019

H1b denied - Oct 10th 2019

MTR Filed - November 9th 2019

Case Reopened - Jan 11th 2020

Case Approved - Jan 20th 2020

Hello Guys,

H1B petiton denied (Speciality occupation)  -Aug 23, 2019 

MTR submitted -Sep 20,2019

MTR receipt -Oct 1 , 2019

status shows "Case was received" and there is no update. Currently on F1-CPT and trying to apply a new petition this year through a new employer.

Incase MTR approved later , Is it possible to moving back to my old employer?

Thanks You.

On 1/24/2020 at 11:25 AM, SATZZZ14 said:

Below is my entire process

Applied H1b - April 2019

RFE Received - July 8th 2019

RFE Response(updated to Premium Processing) - Oct 4th 2019

H1b denied - Oct 10th 2019

MTR Filed - November 9th 2019

Case Reopened - Jan 11th 2020

Case Approved - Jan 20th 2020

I have filed I290B for my I129 petition denial of USCIS on Sep24th 2019, I290B received by USCIS in October month since from October i have no update till Feb 4th 2020, On Feb 4th, 2020, my original denial case was updated to We reviewed your appeal for Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, and decided to reopen or reconsider our denial of your case.It is actively being reviewed.

on February 5th case was updated to, on Feb 04th 2020 We approved your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker. An approval notice was mailed to you.

Within one hour again case was updated to On February 4, 2020, we reopened your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EACXXXXXXXX, and mailed you a notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your reopening notice by March 5, 2020. Please e-request.

Please somebody help me what is going on with my case, Does USCIS will send me two different notices? since both updates updated within one hour. what should i do? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

I have filed I290B for my I129 petition denial of USCIS on Sep24th 2019, I290B received by USCIS in October month since from October i have no update till Feb 4th 2020, On Feb 4th, 2020, my original denial case was updated to We reviewed your appeal for Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, and decided to reopen or reconsider our denial of your case.It is actively being reviewed.

on February 5th case was updated to, on Feb 04th 2020 We approved your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker. An approval notice was mailed to you.

Within one hour again case was updated to On February 4, 2020, we reopened your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EACXXXXXXXX, and mailed you a notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your reopening notice by March 5, 2020. Please e-request.

Please somebody help me what is going on with my case, Does USCIS will send me two different notices? since both updates updated within one hour. what should i do? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

On 11/14/2019 at 2:46 PM, jyothi1208 said:

Have anyone heard of MTR/Appeal approvals? 

Following are my case details 

April 11 - case received

May 24th - Specialty occupation RFE

Aug 15 - Denied 

Sep 17 - Appealed to AAO (with 30 days briefing period)

Oct 10 - Both old case number and I 290b case number changed to "Case Sent to AAO for further processing"

Oct 16 - Submitted Brief

Oct 23 - i 290b case status changed to "Correspondence received and USCIS is reviewing it" 

On the same day status changed again to " Case was sent to another USCIS office and that office has jurisdiction over your case" 

No update so far. 

Did you get any update because I am also on same boat. Please give an update if hear anything about your case. Thanks.