All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
H1Dreamer

***Tracker for MTR/Appeal on H1B denied cases***

On 6/4/2018 at 6:21 AM, srini005 said:

Hello,

My MTR was filed on Jan 31th 2018 Till date my status is 

Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

On March 20, 2018, we transferred your Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion, Receipt Number EACXXXXX, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by April 19, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Have you got any response on your case ?

Has anyone submitted a service request to know MTR status?

Recently my attorney submitted the service request on MTR that we filed for denial last year. My case history got updated as below:
“On June 18, 2018, we sent a response to your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SXXXXXXXVSC.”

There is no change in case status and also my lawyer hasn’t received anything yet.

Is anyone aware of such responses?

On 6/29/2018 at 12:04 PM, BePositive+ said:

Has anyone submitted a service request to know MTR status?

Recently my attorney submitted the service request on MTR that we filed for denial last year. My case history got updated as below:
“On June 18, 2018, we sent a response to your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SXXXXXXXVSC.”

There is no change in case status and also my lawyer hasn’t received anything yet.

Is anyone aware of such responses?

Am planning to raise a service request in mid-July. Did you receive any update regarding your service request.

Edited by Saketh.4490

On July 10, 2018, we reopened your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EACXXXXXXXX, and are reconsidering our earlier decision. We sent you a notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by August 9, 2018

hi guys what does it means ???

On 7/12/2018 at 8:58 PM, srini005 said:

On July 10, 2018, we reopened your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EACXXXXXXXX, and are reconsidering our earlier decision. We sent you a notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by August 9, 2018

hi guys what does it means ???

Any update regarding your status? I applied for service request and they replied saying "On July 19, 2018, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SR*************, was assigned to an officer for response."

Can i please know what is the next step

Hi everyone,

I want to know if these statuses mean something or if I can predict something.

Please let me know if anyone got approvals or anyone who had seen similar flow of updates.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H1B PP denied due to specialty occupation(1132 soc, wage level 2) - Aug 13, 2018

Employer filed for MTR within 33 days.

Currently in India as my i94 expired.

Case statuses on the old I129 Receipt number itself, I do not have any new receipt number.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 26, 2018 Case Was Sent To The Administrative Appeals Office for Review

On September 26, 2018, we sent your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXXX, to the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO) for review. That office will mail you our decision or send you a request if it needs something from you. Please follow any instructions provided to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After few hours: September 26, 2018 Case Was Received At My Local Office

On September 26, 2018, we received your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXXX, at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After few hours (got the below update twice - showing the same - duplicate in the case history): 

September 26, 2018

On September 26, 2018, we transferred your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXXX, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by October 26, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, received the below in the email notification:

Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER 

Your Case Status: Initial Review 

On September 26, 2018, we transferred your Form I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXXX, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by October 26, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition. 

------------------

Your help is really appreciated.

On 9/29/2018 at 12:09 AM, MV24 said:

Hi everyone,

Please let me know if anyone got approvals or anyone who had seen similar flow of updates.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H1B PP denied due to specialty occupation(1132 soc, wage level 2) - Aug 13, 2018

Case statuses on the old I129 Receipt number itself, I do not have any new receipt number.

September 26, 2018 Case Was Sent To The Administrative Appeals Office for Review

On September 26, 2018, we sent your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXXX, to the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO) for review. That office will mail you our decision or send you a request if it needs something from you. Please follow any instructions provided to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On September 26, 2018, we received your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXXX, at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

After few hours (got the below update twice - showing the same - duplicate in the case history): 

September 26, 2018

On September 26, 2018, we transferred your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXXX, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by October 26, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On September 26, 2018, we transferred your Form I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXXX, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by October 26, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition. 

------------------

Hello,

As per your latest update, it means the officer has started working on your file. It may take from 15 days to "god knows when". Stay Positive. Hopefully you will get to hear the good news soon.

On 9/29/2018 at 3:09 AM, MV24 said:

Hi everyone,

September 26, 2018

------------------

Any update on your case? I am on same boat.

13 hours ago, sindhu1 said:

When do we receive new receipt number after applying motion to reopen appeal?

It will take around 2-3 weeks.

Thanks sruhad. Do you have any idea on how does the process works for motion to reopen?

When I talked to my employer, they said motion to reopen application first goes back to the Service Center for reconsideration and it does not issue a new receipt Notice.  We only get a Notice if the Service Center confirms its initial decision and the case is then sent to the AAO in Washington. Is this accurate?

I am not clear with my employer reply, without receipt number how do we know whether it is sent back to AAO office?

Thanks for your help...

Hi All,

Did anyone receive MTR Receipt Number, who filed their case after Dec 13th, 2018? My employer filed my MTR case on December 13th, 2018 and still waiting for an update from USCIS.

Thanks 
Avinash Dubasi

On 12/19/2018 at 11:17 AM, sindhu1 said:

Thanks sruhad. Do you have any idea on how does the process works for motion to reopen?

When I talked to my employer, they said motion to reopen application first goes back to the Service Center for reconsideration and it does not issue a new receipt Notice.  We only get a Notice if the Service Center confirms its initial decision and the case is then sent to the AAO in Washington. Is this accurate?

I am not clear with my employer reply, without receipt number how do we know whether it is sent back to AAO office?

Thanks for your help...

My Employer told me that FOR MOTION TO REOPEN, The application goes back to the same service center who denied your H1b and the same service station will issue new receipt number in 2-3 weeks.(Right now this time might be more as they have too much workload.)

P.S. For motion to reconsideration or Appeal , the process is different.

MY employer Applied H1B on March 2018, then On Apr 24 2018 it picked on the Lottery with Receipt number EACxxxxxxxxx, Got RFE on  Mid Aug 2018, Specialty occupation validity period (Submitted Aug End dated Purchase order), and query replied with same documents  and with expired PO and client letter for 1 years and vendor letter for 3 years.. H1B case got denied on Mid of October... saying on your case we have requested for additional evidence regarding specialty occupation validity period, but you have provided same documents.. your specialty occupation ending Aug 2018.. so rejecting your case..

My Employer filed MTR (Motion to Reconsider), I have submitted new Documents this time with Employer letter, vendor letter, and PO with same end date till dec 2019. MTR Submitted  Nov 19th and Got New receipt number EACxxxxxxxxxx, case status changed to "case was received on november 20th" We received your Form I-20 B and since then nothing is changed... today is January 9th 2019...

Anyone with similar issue.... any Suggestion do i have chance of getting my Case Approved???????

On 12/5/2018 at 7:21 PM, sindhu1 said:

Any update on your case? I am on same boat.

Hi Sindhu,

Any updates on your case?? I'm also in the same situation. Applied Motion/Appeal in Dec-2018.

On 1/17/2019 at 2:09 PM, Sam225 said:

Hi Sindhu,

Any updates on your case?? I'm also in the same situation. Applied Motion/Appeal in Dec-2018.

No...I just got receipt number and status shows "case was received".

April 04 2017 - filed H1B
Sep 15 2017 - received RFE
Nov 2017 - Answered RFE
April 19 2018 - Denied
May 15 2018 - filed MTR (with speciality of occupation letter from an evaluation company)
Jan 28 2019 - still pending.

what are my options ?, i have my OPT valid upto June. Should i file a new petition or keep waiting.

On 1/9/2019 at 1:58 PM, Shiva Shankar said:

MY employer Applied H1B on March 2018, then On Apr 24 2018 it picked on the Lottery with Receipt number EACxxxxxxxxx, Got RFE on  Mid Aug 2018, Specialty occupation validity period (Submitted Aug End dated Purchase order), and query replied with same documents  and with expired PO and client letter for 1 years and vendor letter for 3 years.. H1B case got denied on Mid of October... saying on your case we have requested for additional evidence regarding specialty occupation validity period, but you have provided same documents.. your specialty occupation ending Aug 2018.. so rejecting your case..

My Employer filed MTR (Motion to Reconsider), I have submitted new Documents this time with Employer letter, vendor letter, and PO with same end date till dec 2019. MTR Submitted  Nov 19th and Got New receipt number EACxxxxxxxxxx, case status changed to "case was received on november 20th" We received your Form I-20 B and since then nothing is changed... today is January 9th 2019...

Anyone with similar issue.... any Suggestion do i have chance of getting my Case Approved???????

Hi Shiva Shankar,

I'm in the same boat with you but my dates are different. My MTR was filed on Dec 13, 2018, and I received my receipt number. Below are my dates. 

April 12, 2018 - H1b picked up.

July 17, 2018 - received RFE

October 5, 2018 - respond sent for RFE

November 16, 2018 - Denied

December 13, 2018 - MTR Filled.

Thanks,

Avinash Dubasi

On 1/28/2019 at 4:02 PM, srinath.singari said:

April 04 2017 - filed H1B
Sep 15 2017 - received RFE
Nov 2017 - Answered RFE
April 19 2018 - Denied
May 15 2018 - filed MTR (with speciality of occupation letter from an evaluation company)
Jan 28 2019 - still pending.

what are my options ?, i have my OPT valid upto June. Should i file a new petition or keep waiting.

My suggestion is to File new one this year... it is doesn't matter if your MTR  is pending, you can file new H1B... I recommend you to open a service ticket with USICIS, I think your attorney can open service ticket after 180 days... they will reply to the service request within a month

On 1/29/2019 at 8:29 AM, AvinashD said:

Hi Shiva Shankar,

I'm in the same boat with you but my dates are different. My MTR was filed on Dec 13, 2018, and I received my receipt number. Below are my dates. 

Thanks,

Avinash Dubasi

The process is taking a lot of time Avinash, I checked with my attorney, he said he is receiving approvals for the MTR cases he filed 8-9 months back(MTR's Submitted on March 2018.)

My status is still case received... My case was received on November 20th, 2018.

On 1/29/2019 at 9:29 AM, AvinashD said:

Hi Shiva Shankar,

Thanks,

Avinash Dubasi

Hi Avinash,

DO you have any update on your case?

23 hours ago, sindhu1 said:

Hi Avinash,

DO you have any update on your case?

It's been 22 days my case has been transferred but still, no updated from USCIS. What about you Sindhu? Do we have any WhatsApp groups/Telegram groups for MTR processing?

Thanks,

Avinash Dubasi

Is your case transferred to different service center? My old case status has been changed to "Case has been re-opened for re-consideration".