All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
H1Dreamer

***Tracker for MTR/Appeal on H1B denied cases***

No , My lawyer called them again last week, they said my application can't be expedited,have to wait. I look forward for new H1 application this year.

I have a quick question could you apply for a new H1 even if the MTR for previous H1 is pending?

Jomal- I did raise a service request and it said that it is not beyond the processing time. I raised a service request yesterday, again. Lets see.. Check with anyone whom you may know. Thanks.

Yeah hope for the best. I haven't got any updates.

Jomal- I did raise a service request and it said that it is not beyond the processing time. I raised a service request yesterday, again. Lets see.. Check with anyone whom you may know. Thanks.

Thejas, I got a reply for the feb 5 service request that the application is in timeline. I am not sure if VSC ever follows the 90 days rule for MTR. Just wanted to communicate it out.Hope there is some response soon.

Case Type : Appeal I290B

Center: Vermont Service Center

Date Applied : November 21, 2103

Current Status: Initial Review

Mine denied because of client letter and later my client provided that and applied for I290B.

Hey guys, here is my timeline:

My H1B petition was approved on June 20th, 2012. I got hired as Market Research Analyst.
However I was not given Change of Status from F1 to H1B, even though that was requested during the application.

Therefore, attorney suggested to file an amended H1B petition to request the change of status and receive a new I-94.

Unfortunately, the amended petition was denied. USCIS sent RFE asking the attorney to provide proof that Market Research Analyst is a "specialty occupation". My attorney did not provide such proof but instead argued that RFE was sent erroneously. USCIS then denied the amended petition and also sent a Notice of Intent to Revoke of the original petition that was approved on June 20th, 2012.

After this happened, my employer decided to change Immigration Attorney. New attorney prepared a 250pages document with different types of proof about Market Research Analyst position being a "specialty occupation" and sent it to USCIS.

Attorney also filed for a form I-290B, Motion to Reopen the decision.
USCIS received both documents during first week of August 2013.

• On February 25th 2014, we received a first update about for the Amended Petition that was denied:

On February 25, 2014, we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened.

(POST DECISION ACTIVITY)

• However the status for I-290B, Motion to Reopen is still in INITIAL REVIEW and says:

On August 2, 2013, we received this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case.

• As for the original H1B petition, for which we sent a response to the Notice of Intent to Revoke, we saw the very first update last week. On USCIS case status it says:

On March 7, 2014, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER.

I do not understand why the status for the amended petition says that it was re-opened, while the I-290B is still in initial review since over 6 months.
And as for the original H1B petition, I have no idea why it says that Alien Registration Number was changed. I never had such a number. Attorney said that it may just be a system error.

Can anybody please tell me what is going on?

Thank you!

my MTR case got updated like this last week

Your Request for Premium Processing Service for your I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was received on March 19, 2014. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete..

Anbody got any update on the MTR cases?

Hi Sandeep,

Do you have any updates on your case after this? I think it means that the AAO started looking at your case. Mine is a similar case too:

Case Type : Appeal I290 B

Center: California Service Center

Date Applied : Aug 19th, 2013

On September 19th, 2013, we transferred your I290B, NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER, to your local USCIS Office for further processing. The new office has jurisdiction over your case and will send you a decision as soon as processing is complete or you will be notified if further information or action is needed. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address

Hi,

I was on H4, applied for H1 (normal processing) in 2013 quota.

Mine got picked up in lottery,

got RFE in september 2013  

Asked for Client letter etc etc..

My employer answered those questions and we changed it to premium processing as i already got a job by Oct 1st 2013. 

But petition was denied with in 10 days we answered.

Opened MTR with proper documents. Recieved receipt no dated Nov 4 ,2013.

As normal processing time for MTR is 3 months, in March my attorney  called up USCIS and may be he have requested  for an update. 

On March 25,2014, my initial receipt no status changed to your request for premium processing of I290 has been received and we are processing your request

On April 8, the status of initial receipt went to post decision activity and said the petirion I290 has been approved and mailed to you. On the same day evening, it changed to decision and said the petition has been approved and an email has been sent.

After 5 months wait, got it approved.

All the best for you guys

Sandeep,

Same with my case. My case status was showing the same thing with  March 25 date. Now i got it approved on April 8th.

How about yours.

Btw, mine was from H4 - H1.

Hi,

My employer answered those questions and we changed it to premium processing as i already got a job by Oct 1st 2013. 

As normal processing time for MTR is 3 months, in March my attorney  called up USCIS and may be he have requested  for an update. 

On March 25,2014, my initial receipt no status changed to your request for premium processing of I290 has been received and we are processing your request

On April 8, the status of initial receipt went to post decision activity and said the petirion I290 has been approved and mailed to you. On the same day evening, it changed to decision and said the petition has been approved and an email has been sent.

Congrats man02013...Which service your case was processed ??

Dear All, 

I am also in this same danger from yesterday. my h1b transfer got denied yesterday and my previous employer has already revoked my visa. but I have stamping upto Sep 2015 which was issued by my previous employer. my current employer is going to apply MTR for me and they have applied B2 visa for me to keep my legal stay in US. I have few question and I would really appreciate if someone could answer

Can I continue to work with my current client once I receive the MTR receipt number?

Do I need to get new stamping once the MTR is approved?

can I transfer the h1b to some other employer once I receive the MTR receipt number?

Please can some experienced friends or attorneys  suggest me on this

my MTR case got updated like this last week

Your Request for Premium Processing Service for your I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was received on March 19, 2014. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete..

Anbody got any update on the MTR cases?

Hi Sandeep,

Do you have any updates on your case after this? I think it means that the AAO started looking at your case. Mine is a similar case too:

Case Type : Appeal I290 B

Center: California Service Center

Date Applied : Aug 19th, 2013

On September 19th, 2013, we transferred your I290B, NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER, to your local USCIS Office for further processing. The new office has jurisdiction over your case and will send you a decision as soon as processing is complete or you will be notified if further information or action is needed. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address

Did I you got approved.. I am also same situtation .

Let's have a tracker similar to the H1 extensions as this will help us to know the applied date they have reviewed until now.

I am adding my details below

Case Type : Appeal I290B

Center: Vermont Service Center

Date Applied : August 19, 2013

Hi All,

After the initial status on Aug 19th, my status changed to Post Decision activities 2 days back.

Here is how it states : "On May 6, 2014, we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened."

This update was when checked with the Old EAC number, the new case number still is in Initial review.

Does anybody have a clue regarding whether this is a sign for approval or another deniel?

Hi All,

After the initial status on Aug 19th, my status changed to Post Decision activities 2 days back.

Here is how it states : "On May 6, 2014, we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened."

This update was when checked with the Old EAC number, the new case number still is in Initial review.

Does anybody have a clue regarding whether this is a sign for approval or another deniel?

Congrats It is approval.

Dear All, 

I am also in this same danger from yesterday. my h1b transfer got denied yesterday and my previous employer has already revoked my visa. but I have stamping upto Sep 2015 which was issued by my previous employer. my current employer is going to apply MTR for me and they have applied B2 visa for me to keep my legal stay in US. I have few question and I would really appreciate if someone could answer

Can I continue to work with my current client once I receive the MTR receipt number?

Do I need to get new stamping once the MTR is approved?

can I transfer the h1b to some other employer once I receive the MTR receipt number?

Please can some experienced friends or attorneys  suggest me on this

Hi Friend,

i am also in same boat, my case is same as you.

i want to talk to you,  send your number to s83n95@gmail.com, i will call you or send your email , i will send my number 

Hello Guys, 

I'm also in same boat, I got receipt number on Nov-06-2013, till now it is in 'Initial Review', my case is with California Service Center.

"On November 6, 2013, your name was updated relating to your I290B, NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance."

Will they reply  or I have to wait for ever, if you guys can advice some thing it will be great help. Thank you!!

Hello Everyone,

I am currently on L1B with an Indian IT firm, i applied for H1B through another consultant.

My application was picked up in lottery this year, but soon got a RFE for E-E relationship.

My consultant filed the RFE with SOW and MSA.

Sow was till Jul-14 as per my client policy they only have quarterly sow's.

And i soon got a denial decision.

After going through all the forums on MTR, i informed my consultant to submit a client letter alongwith the MTR, but unfortunately since am not his employee as of now, he could not get the client letter for me.

We filed MTR but now am very scared without client letter was it even worth to file MTR?

Anyone out there who has faced similar situation please advise.

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I am currently on L1B with an Indian IT firm, i applied for H1B through another consultant.

My application was picked up in lottery this year, but soon got a RFE for E-E relationship.

My consultant filed the RFE with SOW and MSA.

Sow was till Jul-14 as per my client policy they only have quarterly sow's.

And i soon got a denial decision.

After going through all the forums on MTR, i informed my consultant to submit a client letter alongwith the MTR, but unfortunately since am not his employee as of now, he could not get the client letter for me.

We filed MTR but now am very scared without client letter was it even worth to file MTR?

Anyone out there who has faced similar situation please advise.

Thanks

Find another employer, not a consulting firm.

You gain nothing with MTR since nothing has changed in your case.

Hi,

HI Mano2013,

Congratulations for the your status. Can you tell how did you change your case into premium processing for MTR. I have filled for MTR and I have only 1 month to stay in USA. I need reply ASAP to take decision. I will really appreciate your help. 

HI Mano2013,

Congratulations for the your status. Can you tell how did you change your case into premium processing for MTR. I have filled for MTR and I have only 1 month to stay in USA. I need reply ASAP to take decision. I will really appreciate your help. 

Their is no premium for MTR, read that post clearly. That was H1 premium not MTR.

Congrats It is approval.

Hi Vishnu/everyone

I have the same status as H1B dreamer. Old Recipt reads''....we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened."

The I290 status still reads Initial review. Is my case approved or Denied? Can you please support your views?

Hi Vishnu/everyone

I have the same status as H1B dreamer. Old Recipt reads''....we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened."

The I290 status still reads Initial review. Is my case approved or Denied? Can you please support your views?

We can't say what it is exactly ...some cases at this stage they are start reviewing on case and they take decision ...Some cases they already taken desicion , in coming 2,3 days employer receive decision either approved or denied .....

I guess in your case they started reviewing you have to wait until they take decision ....I hope it will be approved good luck.

Their is no premium for MTR, read that post clearly. That was H1 premium not MTR.

what does this mean? "On March 25,2014, my initial receipt no status changed to your request for premium processing of I290 has been received and we are processing your request