All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
H1Dreamer

***Tracker for MTR/Appeal on H1B denied cases***

13 hours ago, skganesan said:

Hello Dharani, There is no stipulated time to get the response on MTR. In my case, It was raised on September'16, status is 'Case received' till today. But for few, It was approved in a couple of months. So Just wait. Should your employer is very strong, he can raise a service request with the ombudsman and explain your situation for a quick decision.

Hi Members, any one aware if USCIS has deadline for MTR cases resolution. Even though in site it states 3 months for MTR, but i see case was received status for some cases more than one year including me which is 16 months. 

Edited by manjan

7 hours ago, DharaniK said:

Manjan, Did you raise any service request in between after every 3 months ??

Dharani ,

I raised SR 2 times on myself. However , USCIS replied that Beneficiary should not raise SR for themselves, Instead it should be raised by employer/Applicant. In our case, the company, Which filled our H1B. My employer didn't show much interest to raise a SR consider the current H1B scene.So my case is forcibly waiting.As I pointed earlier, speak to your employer and request them to raise SR. All the best

8 hours ago, DharaniK said:

Manjan, Did you raise any service request in between after every 3 months ??

hi Dharani,  Raised service request 2 times ( every 6 months) but standard reply like not in outside processing timelines.

Hi all,

H1B Denied in Feb-14,

Reason E-E & Speciality Occupation

Case was received on March-21st

How long does the appeal processing takes?

MY CASE 

H1B was denied at Oct 4, 2016. 

H1B Appeal Timeline.

05/09/2017

We received your Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal to the Commissioner, and we are working on your case. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.
12/05/2016

We received your Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal to the Commissioner, and we are working on your case. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.
12/05/2016

We transferred your Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal to the Commissioner, to another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case.
12/05/2016

Your Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal to the Commissioner, was transferred to another office for processing.
11/04/2016

We received your Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal to the Commissioner.

Currently, I am waiting for the approval from originating office 

BTW, I did not get any update from the original H1B case by checking the case number on USCIS website since Oct 4, 2016 

On 5/31/2017 at 1:37 AM, sadula said:

Hi all,

H1B Denied in Feb-14,

Reason E-E & Speciality Occupation

Case was received on March-21st

How long does the appeal processing takes?

my cases is exactly 6 month after AAO received the appeal.

Hello Friends ,

Sharing my Case details for your expert reviews comments :

Sep-2016 : Status got changed to " Notice Explaining Action "

Post that Employer confirmed that they have made some reply to USCIS , but what kind of questions or doc USCIS asked for , not shared with me

Feb-2017 : status got changed to  " Denied "

Post that employer said we have filed MTR , but status of original application is not yet changed to re-open   

And employer has also not shared new receipt no against MTR .

is there any way to check if MTR is filled or not , and what is probability to get it approved , and how long it can take

Hi I have got below message after sending the MTR for a denied H1B

On June **, 2017, we reopened your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number ******, and mailed you a notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your reopening notice by July **, 2017, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Also I have the message as 'We reopened your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, and are reconsidering our earlier decision'

But there is no change in my MTR receipt, except for a message of Receipt of MTR few months back.

USCIS usually doesn't update MTR receipt number. Just keep checking using original H1B receipt number. How long ago did you apply MTR? My MTR was reopened in Jan 2017. It been 5 months but still no update on it

15 hours ago, DharaniK said:

Hi GGDa,

What date was your H1B denial,  and what date you received the MTR Receipt.

H1b Denial : Jan 2017

MTR Receipt: Feb 2017

17 hours ago, Naressh Arelly said:

USCIS usually doesn't update MTR receipt number. Just keep checking using original H1B receipt number. How long ago did you apply MTR? My MTR was reopened in Jan 2017. It been 5 months but still no update on it

Applied for MTR(I 290 B) in Feb 2017

i129 (Original) : Reopened this week

Most of the denial cases seems to be from California office only.

Am I correct with the observation?

Guys, I been in US in past 16 years, recently I got an offer from a client, and they applied my H1.

Feb 8th 2017..H1 applied in Premium

Feb 16 2017 got RFE (education Evaluation, Speciality Occupation)

RFE replied on April 28 2017

May 11th H1B denied

MTR opened on May 30 2017

waiting on the MTR outcome.....

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 6:52 PM, apeal2017 said:

did you get any update?

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 11:37 PM, skganesan said:

Dharani ,

I raised SR 2 times on myself. However , USCIS replied that Beneficiary should not raise SR for themselves, Instead it should be raised by employer/Applicant. In our case, the company, Which filled our H1B. My employer didn't show much interest to raise a SR consider the current H1B scene.So my case is forcibly waiting.As I pointed earlier, speak to your employer and request them to raise SR. All the best

you waiting for 16 months on MTR? is it reopened yet?

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:18 AM, manjan said:

Hi Members, any one aware if USCIS has deadline for MTR cases resolution. Even though in site it states 3 months for MTR, but i see case was received status for some cases more than one year including me which is 16 months. 

Hi Manjan,

Is your case still in 'Case Received' status or the case (i129) have been re-opened stage?

20 hours ago, GGDa said:

Hi Manjan,

Is your case still in 'Case Received' status or the case (i129) have been re-opened stage?

hi GGDa,

Yes, still my Receipt number shows "Case was Received".  My employer raised twice SR, before six months back but received response that it is not outside processing times. If anyone in the same situation (i.e applied 16 months back and still shows case was received")  and raised SR and if so what did the USCIS responded.

On 6/7/2017 at 4:22 AM, apeal2017 said:

Hi,

Did you get any updates and have you raised any Service Requests. Please let me know.

My employer raised the SR on 24th june, 2017 and i can see the below in my case history.

On June 26, 2017, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SR1174XXXXXX, was assigned to an officer for response.

15 hours ago, sadula said:

Hi,

Did you get any updates and have you raised any Service Requests. Please let me know.

My employer raised the SR on 24th june, 2017 and i can see the below in my case history.

On June 26, 2017, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SR1174XXXXXX, was assigned to an officer for response.

I raised by myself, get template reply.

and then talk to lawyer, but did not get anything yet.

19 hours ago, apeal2017 said:

not on my original H1B. appeal is approved

I think appeal is different from MTR. Am I correct? If appeal is approved they might take a decision soon