All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
H1Dreamer

***Tracker for MTR/Appeal on H1B denied cases***

On 10/4/2016 at 6:59 PM, h1b MTR2016 said:

Wow.. You have been waiting for 1 year? Hope you get a decision in your favor soon. How many times did your attorney/employer raise Service Request ? Can we raise a service request on our own? 

I'm keen to get a decision on my case soon. The sooner, the better. My OPT is valid only till Feb 15,2017. I'm not even sure how long I can wait ? I'm thinking of applying for second masters to maintain F1 status while MTR is being processed, if a decision does not come by November 15. Do you think I should enrol in another masters? Does my H1B case get void if I exit the country within 60 days of end of OPT? What's your status? 

Did you have any update on your MTR ??

Guys,

I was also in panic situation during my MTR and read through the success stories listed out here. They boosted my confidence when ever i read them. I am posting my story here.

H1B filed: April 2016.

RFE: May 2016.

Daniel: June 2016.

MTR: Opened in July 2016.

H1B approved: Jan 2017. (I290B shows approved and I 129 shows re-opened, though my employer got the 797 copy)

All the best guys.

20 hours ago, sundep said:

Guys,

I was also in panic situation during my MTR and read through the success stories listed out here. They boosted my confidence when ever i read them. I am posting my story here.

H1B approved: Jan 2017. (I290B shows approved and I 129 shows re-opened, though my employer got the 797 copy)

All the best guys.

Can you please share your I-129 Reopen date and approval date confirmation by your employer?  My case was reopened on Jan 24th 2017 but there is no further update till now.

Edited by FEB2017
More clarity

My case : Reason for denial is "Petitioner fail to respond to uscis within the allotted date". 

RFE date : October 6th 2016

RFE submitted : 28th December 2016( my employer says it was submitted)

REF deadline : 29th December 2016 ( as per the RFE notice)

Denial date : 25th Jan 2017

MTR deadline : 22nd Feb 2017

My employers attorney is yet to file for MTR. 

1)Is there anyone with similar case? Could you please let me know if filling an MTR is appropriate in my case?

2)How long will it take to get any response?

Thanks

On 2/6/2017 at 6:24 PM, sundep said:

Guys,

All the best guys.

Great to hear that.! Could you please share the denial reasons. Uscis had sent you.? 

On 7/2/2017 at 4:54 AM, sundep said:

Guys,

All the best guys.

Hi Sandeep,

Even I have a similar case:

MTR was filled on Dec 20th, 2016

MTR(I-290B) approved : Feb 15th, 2017

Old receipt number shows : On February 15, 2017, we reopened your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number Wxxxxxxx, and mailed you a notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice.

By when can I expect the H1B to be approved. Are there any other formalities remaining in my case. Kindly help.

Thanks,

Neha

Edited by Neha07

Petition filed - 2 April 2016

Picked in lottery - 11 April 2016

RFE1  - 8 July 2016 (Speciality occupation)

RFE1 response received - 31 August 2016

RFE2 - 6 september 2016 (Speciality occupation again) -- the notice we didn't receive for this

I129 Denied - 2 November 2016

I290B (Notice of Appeal) received - 5 December 2016

<<No updates till date>> :(

Hello All,

I would like to share my case (I-290 B) history as well

H1B Denied after RFE response: Aug 26th  2016

I 290B filed: Sep26 -  2016

USCIS status update: on October '16  as 'Case received'

It has been more than 6 months now.Status still shows as 'Case received'. My wait still continues.

Edited by skganesan

On 3/18/2017 at 6:31 PM, H1B_Aspirant2016 said:

Petition filed - 2 April 2016

Picked in lottery - 11 April 2016

RFE1  - 8 July 2016 (Speciality occupation)

RFE1 response received - 31 August 2016

RFE2 - 6 september 2016 (Speciality occupation again) -- the notice we didn't receive for this

I129 Denied - 2 November 2016

I290B (Notice of Appeal) received - 5 December 2016

Service Request raised - 13 March 2017

Case Reopened for reconsideration - 27 March 2017

Approval Notice received (case not updated online though) - 5 April 2017

3 hours ago, H1B_Aspirant2016 said:

Hi H1b_Aspirant2016,

May I know how did you raise your service request? did u call up 1800 no or raise a e-request on their website? I tried raising an SR by calling them up but they said SR can be raised only after 6 months.for me its about 4months since I filed my MTR.

22 hours ago, Amrita01 said:

Hi H1b_Aspirant2016,

May I know how did you raise your service request? did u call up 1800 no or raise a e-request on their website? I tried raising an SR by calling them up but they said SR can be raised only after 6 months.for me its about 4months since I filed my MTR.

I have raised e-request

18 hours ago, H1B_Aspirant2016 said:

I have raised e-request

Thanks for your response and congratulations on your approval. I believe raising e-request and raising service request by calling them, are both the same.

1 hour ago, Amrita01 said:

Thanks for your response and congratulations on your approval. I believe raising e-request and raising service request by calling them, are both the same.

Thanks. Yes both are same

On 4/6/2017 at 4:12 PM, maverickBlogger30 said:

According to link below.. All the cases for I-290B (MTR/Appeal) pending for more than 6 months have been resolved.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/directorates-and-program-offices/administrative-appeals-office-aao/aao-processing-times

Now, is there anyone who is waiting for more than 6 months for case resolution? 

Hi MaverickBlogger,

Could you please specify where exactly did you see any info on form I-290B on the URL you mentioned? I couldn't find any mention of form I-290B on the website. 

Hi, 

H1B Denied in Apr-14,

Reason E-E & Speciality Occupation

MTR applied on Apr - 22 with (E-E and Occupation documentation)

How long does the MTR processing takes? Is there any expedite processing for this. 

MTR has been sent to California service centre. 

This entire link is for form I-290b with various cases. For I-290B can be used for all of the mentioned cases. You should search for I-129h1b in the link and that is the processing time if yours is h1b. Hope it helps.

On 5/9/2017 at 1:55 PM, DharaniK said:

MTR has been filed on Apr-22. how long does it takes to get the form I-290B receipt number. 

It took 2-3 weeks approx to get the receipt no for me.

Anyone filed MTR for H1B denial in last couple of months?? If so what are the stages involved and when do we get any update on the case after receipt is received. For my case its shows still Case is Received. what would be the next update..

Hello Dharani, There is no stipulated time to get the response on MTR. In my case, It was raised on September'16, status is 'Case received' till today. But for few, It was approved in a couple of months. So Just wait. Should your employer is very strong, he can raise a service request with the ombudsman and explain your situation for a quick decision.