All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
H1Dreamer

***Tracker for MTR/Appeal on H1B denied cases***

3 hours ago, avipisces said:

My h1b finally got approved after 13 months wait.

Awesome man congrats!! I am still waiting 13months done i will be in 14th month in OCT. Mine still shows case was received on Aug 10th 2015. I raised a service request in August 2016 and no response yet. I will raise another one after october if no status by then. Anyways Congrats man. Your wait did not go in vain.... Have fun!!

3 hours ago, avipisces said:

And also how many years you got it for? When is the start date and end date alloted for you?

HI All,

Below are the details of my case

H1B Applied : April 4th 2016

H1B RFE(E-E relationship) :  May 10 2016

RFE Response : June 4 2016

H1B Denied(Specialty occupation and E-E relationship)  : July  10 2016

MTR Applied( Motion to Reopen and Motion to Reconsider) : August 9 2016

Current Status:  'Case Received'

H1B denial decision is a very very unfair decision for me. I submitted all documents needed including the client letter. My education and prior work experience is in the same field I'm working now . Inspite having all the necessary skills to perform the job,USCIS thinks it's not a specialized role . My employer has submitted exhaustive evidence justifying the same. For MTR, my client manager has clearly mentioned the duration of the project to be alteast 24 months. I'm hoping the MTR and the H1B petition is approved soon. 

Anyone else waiting for MTR decision still? Anyone applied for MTR recently..

Can I raise a service request before 90 days? My attorneys told me it's a very arbitrary decision by USCIS. They have not encountered a case like mine where H1B was denied based solely on narrow interpretation of immigration laws/ status not considering exhaustive set of documents submitted.

Edited by h1b MTR2016

On 10/1/2016 at 3:07 PM, h1b MTR2016 said:

HI All,

Below are the details of my case

H1B Applied : April 4th 2016

H1B RFE(E-E relationship) :  May 10 2016

RFE Response : June 4 2016

H1B Denied(Specialty occupation and E-E relationship)  : July  10 2016

MTR Applied( Motion to Reopen and Motion to Reconsider) : August 9 2016

Current Status:  'Case Received'

H1B denial decision is a very very unfair decision for me. I submitted all documents needed including the client letter. My education and prior work experience is in the same field I'm working now . Inspite having all the necessary skills to perform the job,USCIS thinks it's not a specialized role . My employer has submitted exhaustive evidence justifying the same. For MTR, my client manager has clearly mentioned the duration of the project to be alteast 24 months. I'm hoping the MTR and the H1B petition is approved soon. 

Anyone else waiting for MTR decision still? Anyone applied for MTR recently..

Can I raise a service request before 90 days? My attorneys told me it's a very arbitrary decision by USCIS. They have not encountered a case like mine where H1B was denied based solely on narrow interpretation of immigration laws/ status not considering exhaustive set of documents submitted.

Sorry for what happend to you. But here USCIS people do not provide the decision right on time for MTR it all depends on the case and officer. I applied MTR on August 10th 2015 and my case says still case was received. Saying that it may also takes lesser time as you can see in this forum. But again it all depends man but dont keep hopes on getting the decision early...

On 9/29/2016 at 11:30 AM, avipisces said:

@avipisces did your original petition changed to approved ? reason i am asking is mine was showing as petition reopened and MTR status is still as case received.

On October 3, 2016 at 2:39 PM, sangeeth616 said:

Sorry for what happend to you. But here USCIS people do not provide the decision right on time for MTR it all depends on the case and officer. I applied MTR on August 10th 2015 and my case says still case was received. Saying that it may also takes lesser time as you can see in this forum. But again it all depends man but dont keep hopes on getting the decision early...

Wow.. You have been waiting for 1 year? Hope you get a decision in your favor soon. How many times did your attorney/employer raise Service Request ? Can we raise a service request on our own? 

I'm keen to get a decision on my case soon. The sooner, the better. My OPT is valid only till Feb 15,2017. I'm not even sure how long I can wait ? I'm thinking of applying for second masters to maintain F1 status while MTR is being processed, if a decision does not come by November 15. Do you think I should enrol in another masters? Does my H1B case get void if I exit the country within 60 days of end of OPT? What's your status? 

Edited by h1b MTR2016

7 hours ago, mredy said:

@avipisces did your original petition changed to approved ? reason i am asking is mine was showing as petition reopened and MTR status is still as case received.

When did you apply for MTR? What was the reason for denial. 

13 hours ago, h1b MTR2016 said:

Wow.. You have been waiting for 1 year? Hope you get a decision in your favor soon. How many times did your attorney/employer raise Service Request ? Can we raise a service request on our own? 

I'm keen to get a decision on my case soon. The sooner, the better. My OPT is valid only till Feb 15,2017. I'm not even sure how long I can wait ? I'm thinking of applying for second masters to maintain F1 status while MTR is being processed, if a decision does not come by November 15. Do you think I should enrol in another masters? Does my H1B case get void if I exit the country within 60 days of end of OPT? What's your status? 

Yes its more than a year now. I raised it 3+ times but did not get a decision and also we cannot raise a request by own your petitioner(employer/attorney) can only do that. Even i did the same my opt was ending oct 2016 so i enrolled in second masters in August 2016 itself. I am on F1 right now. I would say better do not risk of going out of the country as the situation outside is little unfavourable. Hope you will hear something soon. All the best!!

1 hour ago, sangeeth616 said:

Yes its more than a year now. I raised it 3+ times but did not get a decision and also we cannot raise a request by own your petitioner(employer/attorney) can only do that. Even i did the same my opt was ending oct 2016 so i enrolled in second masters in August 2016 itself. I am on F1 right now. I would say better do not risk of going out of the country as the situation outside is little unfavourable. Hope you will hear something soon. All the best!!

All the best to you too! Which school did you enrol in .. Which universities are good for second masters? I sent you a message. Please check. 

On 4/3/2016 at 7:35 PM, BVS999 said:

Hi All,

This is regarding my denied H1B.

Then Filled MTR and got "My case was Approved"within 50 days.

1.April 1st 2015 - H1b filled.

2.April 13th-application received by USCIS

3.Augest 17th-got RFE for E&E Relation.

4.November 7th- Replied for RFE to USCIS

5.January 7th 2016 - "My Case was Denied".

6.Feb10-2016:Filled MTR with supporteddocs

7.April 1st 2016- My Case was approved.

This my MTR success story. Hope for the best.

BVS

Hi BVS,

I am also in same situation. can you tell me what kind of documents you provided for E&E relationship. It will help me a lot. I appreciate your help. Thanks

Pedd

Edited by pedthured

Here's my MTR story...

H-1B Applied : April 1, 2016, (Masters Quota)

RFE: May 12, 2016 (EE Relationship)

Denial: August 1, 2016 (End date 12/16)

MTR: August 30 2016 (Applied with  a new client letter with an end date many years into the future)

Raised SR: Dec 2, 2016 - no response

We also sent an expedite request on the same day - no response to that either and the customer service was willing to share info only with the petitioner.

Contacted CIS Ombudsman: Dec 22, 2016 with supporting documents that justifies financial loss to company/myself and loss of productivity.  (I did this myself and obtained supporting docs from the company)

CIS Ombudsman requested USCIS to expedite case: Dec 27, 2016

MTR Approved: Dec 29, 2016

H-1B Approved: Dec 29, 2016.

(Online status still shows as Form received on the MTR and Case reopened on the H-1B Case but Ombudsman was informed both were approved CoB Dec 29th and I got the email first thing Dec 30th)

Hope this helps. I see many folks waiting beyond 90 days and have no response even after raising SR multiple times. I'd suggest taking the help of CIS Ombudsman (assuming you can prove how dire your situation is).

Good Luck and a Happy New Year!

This is my first post here, I hope this will help 

Here's my MTR story...

H-1B Applied: April 1, 2016, (Masters Quota)

RFE: May 16, 2016 (No Client letter)

Denial: July  29, 2016 

MTR: August 29, 2016 (with new client letter)

Raised SR: Dec 4th, 2016 

SR Response:  Your case still in process and there is no specified time limit for MTR 

Form I-129: Jan 10th, 2017  we approved your case (Still waiting for actual document from USCIS)

MTR I 290B: Still showing as case Received

I hope everyone will get their MTR approved asap, Best of luck 

Hi All,

My MTR Case Finally Approved after 21months of wait.

2015 Filing:

Applied H1b in April

RFE in June

Replied RFE and got denial in July (No Client Letter)

Applied MTR in August 2015 with client letter and wait ends in Jan 4th 2017 with Approval.

2016 Filing:

Applied and got denial here as well for the poor documentation but before that i got approval from 2015 Filing.

Finally i would say one thing to all who are waiting..... Still there is a Hope.. best of luck folks..

Hi All,

My MTR Case Finally Approved after 21months of wait.

2015 Filing:

Applied H1b in April

RFE in June

Replied RFE and got denial in July (No Client Letter)

Applied MTR in August 2015 with client letter and wait ends in Jan 4th 2017 with Approval.

2016 Filing:

Applied and got denial here as well for the poor documentation but before that i got approval from 2015 Filing.

Finally i would say one thing to all who are waiting..... Still there is a Hope.. best of luck folks..

Awesome, congrats man 

enjoy !!

On 1/24/2017 at 2:09 PM, Dj_H4 said:

Congrats, that should have been a marathon wait.....

haha seriously man... After a long wait i felt like its worth it!! Best of luck to the folks who are still waiting on their MTR's

Edited by sangeeth616

Hi All, My Case Status ........ joining the club :(

Applied fresh H1B on April 1, 2016

RFE on Aug 4th, 2016

RFE response received Oct 21st, 2016 (usual E-E relationship & client letter)

H1B denied on Jan 18th, 2017 

Due to address change in Employer location - they moved from NJ to Texas in Feb 2016 as per my employer's statement not sure what was screwed-up in the documentation. They got some multiple denial in petitions this year for the same reason ....

My Employer would be filing MTR this week. Unfortunately i couldn't get more information from my employer/attorney about the reasons but they assure it will be taken care. 

Please share your thoughts ...............

Anybody else applied for MTR this year got approved or still waiting ???? I have seen that couple of people got it approved this year - Congrats !!

Congrats IronSecurity & Spx for sharing your experiences ...... I gives some hope !! 

Edited by Dj_H4