All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
H1Dreamer

***Tracker for MTR/Appeal on H1B denied cases***

For me also the petition went to denial status after rfe , my employer is going for mtr , the denial reason is no valid contractual documents , we are going to submit for new sow ? what is my chances of getting approved after mtr?

Hello Friends,

My employer has filed motion to appeal on 03 Aug 2015, I got an RFE for my H1B and after submitting the documents, my petiton was denied and employer has filed motion to appeal, has anybody received any status for their appeals ? 

also, can we apply for H1B this year with employer B,even if current MTR is pending with employer A ?

Regards

NG

Hello,

H1-B Denied after RFE on Sep 8 2015.

Filed MTR.

MTR Receipt Date: Oct 19 2015

MTR Status changed to the following on Nov 18 2015

Fee Will Be Refunded

On November 18, 2015, we made the decision to refund the fee for your Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal to the Commissioner, Receipt Number WACxxxxxxxxxx. We will mail your refund to the address you gave us. This refund does not affect the processing or location of your case. You should receive your refund within 30 days. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Has anyone ever got this status on the MTR?

Thanks.

Hello,

Filed MTR.

Fee Will Be Refunded

On November 18, 2015, we made the decision to refund the fee for your Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal to the Commissioner, Receipt Number WACxxxxxxxxxx. We will mail your refund to the address you gave us. This refund does not affect the processing or location of your case. You should receive your refund within 30 days. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Thanks.

interesting I never heard of it.

are they doing yours for free.

Hello Friends,

My employer has filed motion to appeal on 03 Aug 2015, I got an RFE for my H1B and after submitting the documents, my petiton was denied and employer has filed motion to appeal, has anybody received any status for their appeals ? 

also, can we apply for H1B this year with employer B,even if current MTR is pending with employer A ?

Regards

NG

Appeal is a long process than motion to reopen/reconsider.

I think you can apply H1b with different employer.

if this year MTR from employer A is pending until april 2016 then Can we apply with same employer in 2016 h1b quota.

Hello,

Filed MTR.

Fee Will Be Refunded

motion to reopen or a motion to reconsider is filed within 30 days after the signature date on the notice of appeal, looks like your employer filed it late.

Hi Praynay008,

May I know where did you see this message, old or new receipt number? What does the other one state. And the reason your H1 was denied?

Seems your case is still being processed and your filing fee or MTR is returned, maybe well that the additional filing fee imposed on some employers might be returned.

Thanks in advance for sharing your details.

interesting I never heard of it.

are they doing yours for free.

The status looks like they are doing it for free. But I am not sure. My attorney contacted USCIS and was told the same thing.

motion to reopen or a motion to reconsider is filed within 30 days after the signature date on the notice of appeal, looks like your employer filed it late.

A MTR can be filed within 33 days if it is by mail, as stated in my denial notice. The MTR packed reached USCIS before the 33 days period. Even the case status says the refund does not affect the processing or location of your case. So I am assuming that USCIS is processing my case but not sure about the refund.

Hi Praynay008,

May I know where did you see this message, old or new receipt number? What does the other one state. And the reason your H1 was denied?

Seems your case is still being processed and your filing fee or MTR is returned, maybe well that the additional filing fee imposed on some employers might be returned.

Thanks in advance for sharing your details.

Hi Saffron9,

I got a new receipt number for the MTR and that case status was updated to "Fee will be refunded". Below is the case status of the old receipt number.

Decision Notice Mailed

On September 8, 2015, we denied your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WAC**********. We mailed you a decision notice that explains why we denied your case and your options. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your denial notice by September 23, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I got an RFE for educational background and employer-employee relationship. My case was denied after the response was submitted.

Thanks.

if an MTR of H1b 2015 from employer A is pending until april 2016 then Can we apply a fresh application with same employer in 2016 h1b quota.

A MTR can be filed within 33 days if it is by mail, as stated in my denial notice. The MTR packed reached USCIS before the 33 days period. Even the case status says the refund does not affect the processing or location of your case. So I am assuming that USCIS is processing my case but not sure about the refund.

Good Luck .. :)

Hi Pranay008,

Thanks for your response. So finally, is your MTR approved? I wanted to know how much time has elapsed so far. 

Hi Saffron9,

I got a new receipt number for the MTR and that case status was updated to "Fee will be refunded". Below is the case status of the old receipt number.

Decision Notice Mailed

On September 8, 2015, we denied your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WAC**********. We mailed you a decision notice that explains why we denied your case and your options. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your denial notice by September 23, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I got an RFE for educational background and employer-employee relationship. My case was denied after the response was submitted.

Thanks.

Filed MTR.

MTR received by USCIS date???

Hi Pranay008,

Thanks for your response. So finally, is your MTR approved? I wanted to know how much time has elapsed so far. 

Hi Saffron9,

My MTR is not yet approved. MTR Receipt Date is Oct 19 2015, so it has been around 84 days.

Thanks.

I am waiting since 5 months. I applied my MTR on Aug 10th and still counting days!! 

Response to MTR seems on complexity of case. Some with simple rejections have been approved within a month. I have also been waiting for 5 or so months. Which center did your MTR go to? and What was the nature or reason for rejection?

Response to MTR seems on complexity of case. Some with simple rejections have been approved within a month. I have also been waiting for 5 or so months. Which center did your MTR go to? and What was the nature or reason for rejection?

Mine for Vermont center. Reason for rejection is i don't have a client letter as a proof. So applied it with client letter now for MTR.. Don't know how long we will be waiting(Sad).

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that my I-797 got approved in Dec 2015.  I applied for MTR in Sep 2014. So, it was a 14 month wait. Having the right attorney and legitimate paperwork is key for getting your petition approved.

I will you all good luck and hope each one of your case gets approved.

Best,

BMMR 

Hi Guys,

This might be helpful for everyone. I know how painful the whole episode is but just wait for the wonderful day.

Don't forget to use the service request option after 90 days.

H1b denied after RFE response on Sept 12th 2015.

H1b MTR I290b applied on Oct 8th 2015.

Attorney opened SR with USCIS on Jan 8th 2016.

H1b MTR I290B application approved and I-129 case reopened on Jan 11th 2016.

H1b approval receipt and COS approval receipt received today :)