All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
H1Dreamer

***Tracker for MTR/Appeal on H1B denied cases***

Let's have a tracker similar to the H1 extensions as this will help us to know the applied date they have reviewed until now.

I am adding my details below

Case Type : Appeal I290B

Center: Vermont Service Center

Date Applied : August 19, 2013

Current Status: Initial Review

Adding some I290 Approved case details from another thread..

Case 1

Date Applied : June 13, 2013

Date Approved: Dec 16, 2013

Case 2

Date Applied : Sept 4, 2013

Date Approved: Dec 10, 2013

Case 3

Date Applied : Sept 17, 2013

Date Approved: Dec 17, 2013

Case 4

Date Applied : Sept 17, 2013

Date Approved: Dec 26, 2013

My case status moved to Post Decision Activity this morning(Uffff almost 6 months). 

Date Applied : July 16, 2013

Current Status: Post Decision Activity

My H1 is denied this year due to some gross error from the USCIS. We have reopened the case this month Does anyone of you have similar denial reason and any idea does it take same processing time as others?

My H1 is denied this year due to some gross error from the USCIS. We have reopened the case this month Does anyone of you have similar denial reason and any idea does it take same processing time as others?

What do you mean by gross error from USCIS? What was your denial reason? Did you have RFE for this before the denial? What was the RFE for?

My case status moved to Post Decision Activity this morning(Uffff almost 6 months). 

All the best for its approval!!!

@H1Dreamer

I never got any RFE directly my status went from Initial review to Denial decision.

Reason: USCIS has abandoned my case saying "we have sent you an RFE and there was no response in the given timeline" thus denied.

The fact is we never received an RFE so filed a MTR this January. 

So I was wondering if any of you or your friends faced similar issue if so please let me know how many days did it take for processing and what was the decision.

Naveen - check the status of your old request number too..

Have been following threads related to MTR, thanks for all the posts. Here is my situation:

Case Type : Appeal I290 B

Center: California Service Center

Date Applied : June 13, 2013

H1b denied as the officer didn't find E-E relationship and  lack of client letter. Raised a service request , called USCIS multiple times to check my status and they said they can't provide a time frame for processing my I290B petition. Still waiting..

As my project got over on the day my H1b packet was sent on Mar 28, 2013. I couldn't provide enough documentation to support my RFE other than mid-vendor letter. I got a new project in May 2013 and filed MTR with the same employer with new LCA, client letter and all sufficient documentation. 50 -50 chances, but still waiting for some reply.

Naveen - check the status of your old request number too..?? I did not quite get it..

You would have your old request number for your I129 (the number you got when you applied for H1B back in April 2013) and a new request number for your I290b (appeal), so it looks like you said that it has moved to post decision for the new request number for I290b.

I was suggesting you to look at your old request number.

My old request number gives: "At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the NCSC 1 (800) 375-5283 for additional information."

New request number for I290b gives: "On August 19, 2013, we received this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case."

Hi , There is an update on my H1B MTR as well. Today when i track the status on USCIS website the staus is "Post decision activity". But i am still unable to understand the case is approved/denied ot still in process. Could you please suggest me my case status based on the status when i track with old and new receipt numbers??

• Status when tracking with new Fee receipt number of i290 B -->
Post Decision Activity

On January 16, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

• Status when tracking with the old h1B petition number of I129 --> Post Decision Activity

On January 16, 2014, we mailed you a notice informing you that your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, was reopened. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

Iam also in the same boat i have file my MTR in july 31 until now there no response from them.

Case Type : Appeal I290 B

Center: California Service Center

Date Applied : July31, 2013

my status looks like this and it has not changed from august.

On August 26, 2013, we transferred your I290B, NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER, to your local USCIS Office for further processing. The new office has jurisdiction over your case and will send you a decision as soon as processing is complete or you will be notified if further information or action is needed. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address

I have a good news. When I verify the status using the old receipt number here is the status. Looks like mine is

Approved.. :)

Post Decision Activity

On January 17, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Naveen - what happened to your case? Was it an MTR or Appeal?

Is there anybody here with Appeal (not MTR) filed at VSC on or after August?

What's your case status now?

Mine is still Initial review and its been 5 months, it was an appeal and not an MTR.

Any updates on any cases from MTR guys especially from CSC . Mine has been 8 months , Raised service request 2nd time and no update yet. 

Hello guys any updates on the MTRs? Mine was applied on October 18, 2013 at VSC and till now it is in Initial Review.Please update if you guys any information.Thanks!

Any updates on any cases from MTR guys especially from CSC . Mine has been 8 months , Raised service request 2nd time and no update yet. 

Do you have any updates on your case?

Do you have any updates on your case?

No , My lawyer called them again last week, they said my application can't be expedited,have to wait. I look forward for new H1 application this year.

How long is the approx wait time for VCS guys?  mine is as below

Date Applied : September 27, 2013

E-V-C model not clear and denied initially.

How long is the approx wait time for VCS guys?  mine is as below

Date Applied : September 27, 2013

E-V-C model not clear and denied initially.

Hey Thejas28 even I am not sure looks like VSC is pretty slow in processing. Don't know when they'll give a decision. Did you raise service request?

Hey Thejas28 even I am not sure looks like VSC is pretty slow in processing. Don't know when they'll give a decision. Did you raise service request?

Jomal- I did raise a service request and it said that it is not beyond the processing time. I raised a service request yesterday, again. Lets see.. Check with anyone whom you may know. Thanks.