H1B visa stamping - Mexico

ganesha31

Hi,

I'm planning to go to Merida - Mexico for H1-B Visa Stamping in Feb. I got my first H1-B Visa Stamping done at Chennai in 2008. Since then I haven't visited India and I have been working here in the US. I got my I-140 approved and I'm planning to go for Visa stamping. I haven't did my Master in the US. I heard that if we don't have Masters from the US and go for Visa Stamping then it is difficult to get the visa stamping done as they are evaluating the educational qualifications again. Is this true? Has anyone recently got stamped in Mexico with EVC model and without Masters from the US? If so, please let me know. Thanks in advance. Ganesh

Hello Ganesh,

Nice to see someone going to Merida in Feb.

I have my visa state on Feb 11th in Merida.

This will be my 3rd H1B stamping in Mexico, first time in Merida.

Don't worry about not doing your MS in USA. You are fine if you have all the required documents in hand. 

Make sure you have a Valid US Visa on your passport to travel to MExico or u need a Mexican visitors Visa.

Merida is not that busy and not really strict.

Hello guys,

I am also planning to goto merida in the last week of Feb, I am however planning to goto Cancun and then take a bus from there.

I do not have a valid visa stamped on my passport? I live in Wash DC, how do I apply for Mexican Visa? Can you guide me please?

My wife has a valid VISA until 2016 stamped on her passport, however, i recently changed emlpoyers. So should my wife also go for stamping? should she also get a mexican visa?

Tjgarla - if you don't mind, could you please share your email ID so I can contact you for some queries.

Thanks in advance.

T

cyanide...

you need a mexican visitors Visa to travel to mexico  as your H1B visa is no more valid.

Your wife doesnt need a next visa . She can travel to mexico and doesnt need any extension or a new stamping to travel back.

Tjgarla - thanks a lot for the reply.

I had one more question. My passport is expiring 16/09/2014. I am planning to go to stamping in March 2014. I read in a couple of places that we should have more than 6mo validity on the passport.... can you advice?

thanks,

pramod pradhan

@cyanide--  You need to send an email to Mexican consulate:     mcervantes@sre.gob.mx  to schedule an appointment.

You need  these docs:

Last 6 mos of bank statement (100% mandatory)

Employment documents like I-797, current pay stubs (last 3 mos).

I got my Mexican Visa in DC only. It will take 2 days to get visa and will be valid for 6 months.

@cyanide--  You need to send an email to Mexican consulate:     mcervantes@sre.gob.mx  to schedule an appointment.

You need  these docs:

Last 6 mos of bank statement (100% mandatory)

Employment documents like I-797, current pay stubs (last 3 mos).

I got my Mexican Visa in DC only. It will take 2 days to get visa and will be valid for 6 months.

Thank you ad2010. I appreciate your help.

I will follow the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the visa approved on merida Mexico on 11th feb.

One day of fingure prints and photo

Second day visa interview .

Pretty fast and no documents asked . Routine questions . Asked to come back on 12th to pickup passport . But the visa systems are down worldwide and is delaying issuing .

I was asked to come today as it is issued

Merida is a beautiful place.

You are right Tjgarla.

Just so that it helps any one.

Below is the list for Mexican visiting visa.

Application form.

Valid passport.

Us embassy visa appointment letter.

H1 document.

6 months pay stubs.

6 months bank statements.

36 usd cash.

Employer letter.

Most important is us embassy visa appointment.

Have to go in person to Mexican embassy.

I wanted to go to Atlanta but I was told to go to little rock Arkansas because of jurisdiction.

Hope it helps someone.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived