H1 Visa Stamping @ Matamoros

cricbb

Went for visa stamping last wk to Matamoros, this is the 3rd time I was going to Matamoros and my previous visa expired in 2010 with a different employer. I went with MAS as I have been with them the past two times.

ASC Appointment: 12/31/2013

USC Appointment: 01/02/2014

Questions: Job title, Salary, Married, planning to go to India for visit and asked 2012 tax returns

Did not get passport on the same day due to printing problems which is not unusual in Matamoros and got the passport next day.

Appreciate for sharing your experience.
Since you did this recently, Can you please help answer a couple of questions

1) How hard is it to get appoitment dates.. I am planning for End of this month... Sounds like until I pay the $190 Visa fees I cant see the Available dates
(Or is there a way to see it without Paying the fees).
2) Once I pay the fees, do you know how long is that valid... If for whatever reason I cant make it in January, I want to know when can I use it till

3) Do we need to take two appointments .. one for Photo and the second for the Interview teh following day ?.. Assume the website will walk thru the process after paying the fees.

Anything else that I need to be aware of.. Thanks

Once you register on the CSC site it tells you the earliest available date for the appointment. You have to take two appointments one for the photo/fingerprint and the other for the visa interview. For some reason I couldn't get the dates on consecutive days this week due to which I had to take it last wk. I think they might have opened up now for the next weeks of the month and you will have to pay the fee to look at other dates than the first available date which shows up when you register.

You can reschedule your appointment dates as many times as you want until one day before your ASC (photo/fingerprint) appointment, if you cancel the appointment and I am not exactly sure how long the MRV receipt is valid.

I was able to get AT&T signal on the 3rd floor room of the hotel, it switches to other local providers below that.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have a question about my H1 Stamping.

I came into US on L2 and got my EAD and started working on it.

I got my H1B approved and petition start date is oct 30 2014.

Am i eligible to get my visa stamped at US Consulate in Mexico .

Appreciate your response. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Went for visa stamping last wk to Matamoros, this is the 3rd time I was going to Matamoros and my previous visa expired in 2010 with a different employer. I went with MAS as I have been with them the past two times.

ASC Appointment: 12/31/2013

USC Appointment: 01/02/2014

Questions: Job title, Salary, Married, planning to go to India for visit and asked 2012 tax returns

Did not get passport on the same day due to printing problems which is not unusual in Matamoros and got the passport next day.

Hi,

I have my appointment for next week and had a few questions.

1 - You mentioned that your current visa was expired. Did you need to get a mexican tourist visa or did you get visa at arrival?

2 - Did you engage any local agent/guide for your travel/stay arrangement within mexico or did you drive across the bridge and use your own car for all the travel? (things like booking hotel, taxi to take you and pickup for various appointments, passport pick-up, i-94)

Regards.

Archived