Born in a different country which is now part of India

Hello,

I wanted to bring about an interesting question that has been in my mind for sometime. I have heard that people (Indians) who have I-140 approved and were NOT born in India can go ahead and file I485 without the dates being current. Now, in my case, when I was born, my birthplace was a separate country but merged with India after a few years of my birth as a state.

Does that qualify me to file I485 with current dates ? Will appreciate a response from you all.

Thanks

WE

Hello,

I wanted to bring about an interesting question that has been in my mind for sometime. I have heard that people (Indians) who have I-140 approved and were NOT born in India can go ahead and file I485 without the dates being current. Now, in my case, when I was born, my birthplace was a separate country but merged with India after a few years of my birth as a state.

Does that qualify me to file I485 with current dates ? Will appreciate a response from you all.

Thanks

WE

Wow.. Interesting question. Could you let us know which country is this that merged with India?

Archived