DS160 - Security Question

Hi,

I am trying to help my brother fill in the DS 160 form for his H1B renewal Stamping @ Chennai(US) Consulate. He is having experience (Research analyst) in Pharmaceuticals industry i.e. he worked with chemicals in his company. So please let me know if he has to put Yes or No for the below mentioned question in the Security & Background section.

"Do you have any specialized skills or training, including firearms, explosives, nuclear, biological, or chemical experience?"

from a fellow candidate perspective only -

That should be a 'NO' as that question is from the security section which implies threat. Your brothers situation is just chemical experience in pharmaceutical industry, so i would opt NO. But then, better approach is for your brother to ask his employer(HR).

Hi,

I am trying to help my brother fill in the DS 160 form for his H1B renewal Stamping @ Chennai(US) Consulate. He is having experience (Research analyst) in Pharmaceuticals industry i.e. he worked with chemicals in his company. So please let me know if he has to put Yes or No for the below mentioned question in the Security & Background section.

"Do you have any specialized skills or training, including firearms, explosives, nuclear, biological, or chemical experience?"

I am in biological research and I normally would enter NO to that question. But, ended up waiting for security clearance (administrative processing - pink slip) whenever I applied for visa or renewal.

Archived