VIsa approved on 2nd december 2013 in toronto......no update on passport yet

jdjoe

Hi All,

I had gone for my visa interview on the 2nd Dec....My interview lasted for 3-4 mins..Visa officer mentioned that my visa was approved and would take 3-5 days for my passport....I waited patiently for 5 business days .I sent a mail on the 6th business day to which I had not received any reply.. I sent 3 mails after that ...On the 20th Dec i received this mail(reply to my 1st mail):

"Action on your application for a nonimmigrant visa (NIV) is suspended under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended, for further administrative review by the Department of State.

We will inform you of the results of this additional administrative review by email as soon as it is completed. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any additional information on the status of your visa application at this time."

They have not asked me for any documents as yet...What does this mean ?? Also have you heard of approved cases going into 221 g???

Please advise what could this mean ?

Hi All,

I had gone for my visa interview on the 2nd Dec....My interview lasted for 3-4 mins..Visa officer mentioned that my visa was approved and would take 3-5 days for my passport....I waited patiently for 5 business days .I sent a mail on the 6th business day to which I had not received any reply.. I sent 3 mails after that ...On the 20th Dec i received this mail(reply to my 1st mail):

"Action on your application for a nonimmigrant visa (NIV) is suspended under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended, for further administrative review by the Department of State.

We will inform you of the results of this additional administrative review by email as soon as it is completed. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any additional information on the status of your visa application at this time."

They have not asked me for any documents as yet...What does this mean ?? Also have you heard of approved cases going into 221 g???

@JDJOE---

Do you have your passport? 

Did yo try to collect the same?

I am in the same boat from 16th december...and i also got the same email when i asked for a status....the CEAC shows last status update on 18th december...

i am a FT employee and have no clue what is the admin processing they are doing.

Hello,

This seems the usual case where all are going through same scenario at Toronto Consl. Please post your experience at below thread and refer for more details

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/63337-calling-all-toronto-221gs/page-20

What do you mean usual case ?? I was not handed a yellow slip or any green slip.....The link you pasted were handed yellow and green slips.

Hi All,

Hi,

Mine is also very similiar case.  We attended the consulate interview on Dec 9th.  Visa officer asked for previous years tax filing documents. I did not carry all of them and eventually they issued 221G . The officer asked me to send the missing documents to trtinv@state.gov.  I sent all the documents on the same day.  I got another mail asking me to send a letter from the job site.  I sent it on Dec 21st to trtfpu@state.gov.  I didnt get any resonse and next day I sent it again two more times and copied trtinv@state.gov also on one of the email.    Today I got the below mail.

Action on your application for a nonimmigrant visa (NIV) is suspended under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended, for further administrative review by the Department of State.

We will inform you of the results of this additional administrative review by email as soon as it is completed. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any additional information on the status of your visa application at this time.

I am not sure what does it mean.  Is it going to take months to get a final decision ??  Any idea ??

Thanks
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Mine is also very similiar case.  We attended the consulate interview on Dec 9th.  Visa officer asked for previous years tax filing documents. I did not carry all of them and eventually they issued 221G . The officer asked me to send the missing documents to trtinv@state.gov.  I sent all the documents on the same day.  I got another mail asking me to send a letter from the job site.  I sent it on Dec 21st to trtfpu@state.gov.  I didnt get any resonse and next day I sent it again two more times and copied trtinv@state.gov also on one of the email.    Today I got the below mail.

Action on your application for a nonimmigrant visa (NIV) is suspended under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended, for further administrative review by the Department of State.

We will inform you of the results of this additional administrative review by email as soon as it is completed. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any additional information on the status of your visa application at this time.

I am not sure what does it mean.  Is it going to take months to get a final decision ??  Any idea ??

Thanks

did you get any updates? Approved or issued?

Archived