EB1A - Judging

NJTransfer

Dear Forum Members,

I'm building my case to apply for EB1 - Extraordinary Ability. I recently got an offer to do a book review as a technical editor for a major technical publication, Sams publishing.

My question is - does doing a technical review for a 300-page book satisfy the "judging the work of others" criteria" ?

Any response is highly appreciated.

Thx.

Dear Forum Members,

I'm building my case to apply for EB1 - Extraordinary Ability. I recently got an offer to do a book review as a technical editor for a major technical publication, Sams publishing.

My question is - does doing a technical review for a 300-page book satisfy the "judging the work of others" criteria" ?

Any response is highly appreciated.

Thx.

It is not based on one credential one can get EB1 approval. Check the criteria from USCIS website and also talk to a good immigration attorney.

Thanks for your replies. I am indeed working with an attorney in building up my case. I have also researched the various requirements for EB1A, like technical publications, salary, membership in esteemed associations etc.

I'm a little confused with what qualifies as "judging". Sure, sitting on a panel and judging a competition counts. But isn't a book review a type of judging ? Or is it not ? Still confused ... what do you folks think ?

Thx.

Thanks for your replies. I am indeed working with an attorney in building up my case. I have also researched the various requirements for EB1A, like technical publications, salary, membership in esteemed associations etc.

I'm a little confused with what qualifies as "judging". Sure, sitting on a panel and judging a competition counts. But isn't a book review a type of judging ? Or is it not ? Still confused ... what do you folks think ?

Thx.

It is considered either as reviewing or editing.

It is worth noting that the USCIS has been, and continues to, increase their review and scrutiny of EB1 preference category cases, both "A" extraordinary ability and "C" multinational manager or executive.  This goes as far as re-opening and re-adjudicating already approved cases and issuing notice of intent to revoke (NOIR).  (I suspect this is because of a notable increase in the number of these filings and people / companies trying to bend the rules and 'slip' cases by the USCIS.)  For an EB1A case filing to have a chance of success / approval requires careful and thorough preparation by a qualified, competent, experienced immigration attorney.

Archived