Applying for H1b while working on CPT.

Nc87

Hi.. I have a master degree for a US based university and I have been working with a well reputed company since 2011 when I graduated. I worked on OPT including the stem extension period until it expired. To maintain my status, I enrolled in an MBA degree and I am currently working on CPT. I wanted to find out if it will be a problem while applying H1b while I am currently enrolled in a degree and working on CPT? I would also like to know whether I would be able to continue my degree after switching visas and whether I will have a problem while going for stamping if i decide to discontinue my MBA degree once I have received my H1b visa.

Hi.. I have a master degree for a US based university and I have been working with a well reputed company since 2011 when I graduated. I worked on OPT including the stem extension period until it expired. To maintain my status, I enrolled in an MBA degree and I am currently working on CPT. I wanted to find out if it will be a problem while applying H1b while I am currently enrolled in a degree and working on CPT? I would also like to know whether I would be able to continue my degree after switching visas and whether I will have a problem while going for stamping if i decide to discontinue my MBA degree once I have received my H1b visa.

Look in this forum for CPT abuse and you will find your answer.

Is that CPT job part of your F1 program or not??

Filing for H1 before graduating is not encouraged. What will you say if vo asks " why didn't you finished your schooling?"

In other words, you are abusing CPT. That will kill your career in the US.

You can forget an H1. It would get denied, due to your CPT abuse.

I plan on completing my MBA even if I receive the H1B visa- I was just wondering what would happen if i decide to discontinue my degree. The job i am currently working at requires that i have a masters degree in the field as part of their requirements for the position so what i wanted to know is that, even if i am still currently pursuing my MBA and working on  CPT- can i still have the company apply for my H1B visa since i have a degree from the US and i meet the requirements of the job at the company? 

I plan on completing my MBA even if I receive the H1B visa- I was just wondering what would happen if i decide to discontinue my degree. The job i am currently working at requires that i have a masters degree in the field as part of their requirements for the position so what i wanted to know is that, even if i am still currently pursuing my MBA and working on  CPT- can i still have the company apply for my H1B visa since i have a degree from the US and i meet the requirements of the job at the company? 

If your CPT has not violated any immigration law then it is possible.

To maintain my status, I enrolled in an MBA degree and I am currently working on CPT.

Enrolling in a 'university' / 'college' to get a F-1 visa to "maintain status" and then using CPT employment authorization to work for some company is illegal and immigration fraud.  (It seems that a 'MBA' has become the latest way for people to try to get around immigration laws, regulations, and rules.)

When you could not find applicable employment at the end of your OPT employment authorization you were required by law to return to your home country.  That is what you agreed and committed to when you got your F-1 visa for studying in the U.S.  Since you have willing decided to violate the law you can only expect the U.S. government to reciprocate with deportation and an entry ban.

So your CPT job and the H1 job one and the same??

Again, is that CPT job part of your F1 program or not??

Archived