EAD / H1B

Kaki7072

I-140 Approved            11/2007

Priority Date              05/2004

Category                     EB-3

Nationality                  India

First arrived in June 2001

• Came on H1B and had maintained it until and little after my EAD which was approved for the first time in 2007.
  • Since 2007 I am on EAD and have traveled just to home country for a few times based on Advance Parole with out any problems.
  • Since 10/2002 I am with same employer first on H1 and have filed green card with above details on priority dates.
  • Awaiting adj. Of status I-485 Received date is 07/02/2007
  • Had received a general RFE in 2009 for birth certificates for spouse and kids to which I have sent response and according to online case status they have acknowledged my response.

Question I have is if I did not maintain my H1B status after I got EAD approved and If I traveled to home country on AP (which is it’s purpose) is that a problem when it’s time to get GC when my PD is current?

Some attorneys say I should try to get back H1B renewed and my lawyer said it’s not required. I did not renew H1B since got EAD based on lawyer’s advice that filed my GC through my employer.

Is it advisable to change employer even if similar title and salary on AC 21 if PD is 8 months behind my PD? What if current employer shuts down the company? What are the cautions I have to take so my Green Card is not messed up?

Changing employer / AC-21 / position title and salary with new employer has to be the same as 750- A & B is that right?

Self

EAD approved until 06/23/2015

Adv Parole approved until 11/22/2014

Spouse and kids

EAD & Adv. Parole approved until 07/12/2015

Thank you very much in advance. 

sincerely 

KAKI

Archived